New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South

Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Long Beach, CA
“pretty awful in all respects, but some entertainment value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am presently staying at this very Motel 6 and thought, just for fun, I'd look at the reviews. When I began reading about the sketchy neighborhood and the rooms being used for a short time I heard some noise below. Three police cars swarmed in and cornered a big white Cadillac occupied by 2 rotund and very tattooed ladies. A guy on foot was also apprehended. He was wearing a white, gauzy jumpsuit unzipped to the waist and sporting a huge gold chain necklace. It's been 45 minutes or so and they're all still down there. I've also seen 2 "ladies of the night" strolling on the sidewalk in front when I moved my car so it would be in view of the front office and in the light. And some of the occupants of the motel look like ex-cons. Cars do pull up, like one of the reviewers here noticed, and "visit" friends staying here. Every other one seems to have one if not 3 pit bulls. In fact, earlier a guy rode in on a bike towing a mini-trailer occupied by his pit bull. He, too, stopped in for a visit.

But then there's this room. It was obviously a smoking room in the past, so I was bowled over by the smell of stale smoke and the putrid smell of room deodorant when I walked in. If I weren't so tired I would have asked for a refund and left. It's 103F outside but I have the door and window wide open in hopes that it will help with the odors. I'll close everything up and turn on the AC and put earplugs in and pray that the night goes by quickly.

The wifi works great and the office staff were very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fresno, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

There are 4 motel 6 in Fresno,ca

I am a resident of the city and I have stayed here a few time( once over night) and let me be honest...the rooms are sub par,TV works at times,shady neighbors the rooms are not in good condition...my serious advice is go deeper i those pockets and go to a different hotel/motel.

Like the review that is titled Scary..it is true,police are usually around,so are hookers ( yuck) and many things that doesn't make a person feel safe and comfortable.

I have stayed in other motel 6's before and this one and the one on olive/99fwy are the worst i ever seen...ever! To those that are traveling...don't stay at these ones...if you meet up with someone after the club...this place is just fine...just being honest! The Motel 6 on Shaw/99 would be the SMART choice.It is about 15 dollars more,but worth it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

We needed a convient and economical location to see Yosemite and Sequoia Nat Parks. The first night, the toilet handle broke so we couldn't flush it. The air conditioner was extremely noisy. The mattresses were horribly uncomfortable. But the worse was my bed was full of bedbugs. I didn't realize it at the time but found 60 bites on my body within hours of leaving the hotel. I also recognized bug feces which were described online when I looked it up so I have no doubt about them. We are on the road for two more weeks and I have to figure out which clothes and suitcases are infected and how to clean them out. I didn't feel safe either. The fence around the property had coiled barbed wire, like what is used in prisons.

Room Tip: Go some place else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BH-4
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

Just to be fair, the staff was friendly and check in was easy. However, the main issue is that this hotel is in a very sketchy area. Cars and guests come and go at all hours. It appears that many people use the rooms for less than an hour. (Use your imagination on that one.) There was occasional yelling from the parking lot at various points during the night, and I was definitely being sized up by another hotel guest when I parked near the check in desk. As I ventured off the property to find dinner, I noticed three men kneeling and being handcuffed by a group of cops across the street. The solution to all of this? Empty your car of all of its belongings, bolt the hotel room door, turn on the AC on to drown out the noise, and go to sleep.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank SkippyChunky
So Cal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

Clean room, check-in was pleasant and quick. Good value for the buck. I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2006

Someone in the parking lot hit my car, so it was a hit and run...my car was parked in front of the office, then daily when I was there, someone kept kicking in the door that was rammed. Cost me $1000 in damages.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank SonoAgent007
Bellingham, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2004

If you ever get a chance to stay in a motel 6, avoid Fresno. We stayed in 5 different motel 6's on our trip to the Northwest and back, and got creeped out in Fresno. It was like a motel for prostitutes and gangs. They had a security guard, who was very nice and allowed us to park our car behind his so he could watch it, and the hotel desk agent gave us a room right above the office after we got very uncomfortable at the back of the motel location we originally had. Alot of night action, but we did get a good night's sleep, thankfully. Couldn't wait to leave in the morning, though. It's a shame, since it is in a pretty area just a little bit away from there.

• Stayed July 2004