“Great for the money”

Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The place was clean and the breakfast appreciated for what I paid. (this time!) Unfortunately that rate changes depending on when they can charge more. I wanted to book several visits ahead in order to lock in lowest rate. i was not allowed to do that because certain times of the year they charge considerably more for the same accomodations. Why? Because they can! Why let a returning customer lock in low rates for continued future visits when you can charge more when you think you can? (Local event weeks, etc). Don't like to pay extra for a room with a refrigerator and a microwave either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Visalia, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

It was ok. Just wondered when was the last time someone washed the bathtub. Toilet went out of order for a while. No ice in ice machine outside. Good thing we just needed a room to sleep in for the night. I thought La Quinta was a little better than this. But, the sheets and pillows were definitely clean.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rebecca M
So. Cal.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here two nights and everything was fine. You have to take some of these reviews with a grain of salt. I read a couple of the negative reviews on this hotel and was a little worried but my stay was problem free and perfectly ok. Its right off the 41 freeway and seemed to be in a decent area downtown which was convenient for my trip. The best thing about my room was the comfortable bed the worse thing was the breakfast but how can I complain it was free. If your really hungry IHOP is right next door...I guess I got a little spoiled with the free breakfast when I was in Spain....but this ain't Spain this is Fresno...keep things in perspective...haha!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
covina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

On our way to Yosemite, we spent one night at La Quinta. I had requested side by side rooms as we booked two rooms. I was pleased that my request was granted. The room was spacious and clean throughout. Price charged was very reasonable. Swimming pool was clean, but it was still noisy after 10 pm -- and the sign clearly stated that the pool was not to be used after 10 pm. Carpets needed to be cleaned.
Breakfast was simple, but very adequate--waffles, bagels, toast, fruit, cereal, boiled eggs, yogurt, etc.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be bothered noise from the pool, request a room on the other side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Torrance, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to Yosemite. First off, we noticed the carpets were stained and gross, and we had no fridge as promised, but we had our cooler with us, so we decided not to make a fuss. After we finally found somewhere serving dinner, (in Clovis, no less,) we came back to find out we were next to a broken, screeching ice machine that banged on the wall. We asked for a room change, and they offered us a room that stank so much of cat pee, our eyes watered. Next door, the guests had dragged all the furniture out into the walkway and were smoking and drinking like it was their private balcony. We opted to stay in the room next to the broken ice machine, given our limited choices, and the girl at the front desk seemed to think this was funny. People were outside the door, (maybe at the pool?) yelling and carrying on all night, and at 4:47am, the truckers were up yelling and laughing and using the broken ice machine for over an HOUR straight. Calls to the front desk went unanswered and I was not about to go outside and confront these men myself. Stay in Clovis! DO NOT STAY HERE FOR ANY REASON. The money you save being close to the freeway, (and a very loud train,) is not worth the hassle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple