Americas Best Value Inn - Fresno Downtown
Storyland 2(Fresno)
Welcome Inn(Fresno)
Roadside Inn(Fresno)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Drove to Fresno with some friends for a kid's event. Radisson, my favorite hotel in downtown Fresno was sold out. Booked a non-smoking room online, but as soon as we entered it was clear this was a smoking room even with the window open. I later found ash holes in the blanket. Pillows where old and lumpy. There were greasy stains on the wooden headboard, moldy water stains on the baseboard, and mold in the shower. The toilet would run for several minutes after flushing unless you jiggled the handle the right way. The towels were stained and threadbare. No remote for the ancient TV and no alarm clock! We were excited that they had a Subway restaurant on site, but it wasn't open the entire weekend. On the morning we departed a poor old bleeding homeless man was on the stairs of the courtyard trying to enter the guest rooms. The manager seemed like a nice person, but the place is in dire need of maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ojisan59
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Please avoid this hotel at all costs. I stayed there a few days ago and woke up with over 40 bed bug bites all over. They are on my neck, arms, back, chest, stomach, etc. Not only will i NEVER stay in an America's Best Value Inn again, but I am in the process of demanding a refund and possibly taking legal action. The bites ruined the rest of my trip to Yosemite and forced me to miss work (I work in fine dining and cannot have bed bug bites on my neck for this. . . )The hotel is dirty with the illusion of being clean, the hotel clerk (whoever was at the desk when we checked in) was on Skype during the entire transaction, I cannot say enough negitave things about this hotel. DO NOT stay here for any reason.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank talkinboutrootbeer
abvidt, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Fresno Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

First we apologize for your inconvenience and for the conditions that you describe in your posting. We have followed up on your comments and have had our pest control company inspect the property for bed bugs and they have treated everything and we have made the changes necessary to correct the situation. The pest control company has certified that this problem no longer exists. Again we apologize for the situation and our housekeeping staff have been further trained to look for these kinds of problems in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2009

After reading a few reviews, I became worried that I'd made a terrible choice. Nevertheless, since we "merely" needed to sleep there, I fought that we should give it a try anyway. We stayed here for tonight, and we actually felt that this motel was up to par with others. However I wouldn't probably comeback, given that the Fresno area does not have anything interesting to offer (we were visiting Yosemite National Park, and this motel was the best value we found).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlexCowBoy
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel over the 4th of July weekend. We were there to see a baseball game, so, not knowing Fresno very well, I booked an inexpensive hotel right near the ball park.

Let me start by saying this...
If you are looking to stay in this area because it's close to the ball park or just downtown...I DON'T recommend it. Downtown is like a ghost town...many businesses have closed up...and it's just not a very nice area to stay in. If I were to come back...I would stay just a few miles north, and stay out of the downtown area.

Okay so...
When we got to the hotel, we went into the main office (which did smell a little bit) and got checked in. The hotel was small but looked nice. It had a nice little courtyard witha fountain and a pool.
Our first experience with our room was this:
--When we first went into the room, it really smelled like some kind of cleaner. The room was okay...kind of dingy though.
--The room did not seem very clean or well kept.
--The bathroom floor tiles (grey in color) were half black with dirt, maybe, or just age.
--The white wood wall mouldings around the floor looked very dusty and dirty, as well as the white door being very dirty and stained. Even the towels were stained...and were not quite white anymore.
My husband and I are not very picky people...so we didn't let any of that really bother us. Iwasn't until I came out of the bathroom and saw, on the wall above the front door, a HUGE COCKROACH!..that I finally went back to the office and requested another room.
The second room was pretty much the same as the first...except no cockroach :) However, in this room, the wall blower unit that blew the cold air for the air conditioner didn't work! So...my husband used his handyman skills and fixed it :)

OVERALL:
It was okay for one night. I would not want to stay for more...I wouldn't want to take a shower or use their towels.
All in all...I would have rather paid maybe $5 more and stayed in a different hotel not downtown. Really...I've stayed in Motel 6's that were nicer than this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank redmonkeyrose
Reviewed March 3, 2008

$50/night motel, but it got three stars on kayak.com. It's only a one-star IMHO. Thin walls, heard the neighbors and the freight trains all through the night. Had a fridge, but no microwave or coffeemaker. Breakfast was instant coffee, packaged pastries. Not a nice neighborhood, either. A better area of town would be the Tower District, or further north.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SLOsteve