“DO NOT bring your children” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Fresno North

Knights Inn Fresno North
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Bay Area, California
“DO NOT bring your children”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

I arrived approx 7 pm on Saturday night. As I pulled into the parking lot, I was realized that a prostitute was being picked up in the parking lot. I entered the lobby and checked in, and asked if this was a common occurence there and was told by the girl at the front desk "I don't know, I don't go out there." Lovely. When I left the lobby, I walked into the parking lot to see yet another prostitute walking from the back of the lot to meet up with the first, who was now at the entrance to the parking lot. I got in my car, and drove down to my room, and unloaded our luggage. On leaving to go back to my friend's home, I almost ran over another 2 prostitutes in the back (by what looks to be long term rentals, screens broken, trash on the ground,) and watched another walk back towards the main strip. The lovely people in the room next door were in and out of the room until about 5 am, slamming doors, and loudly talking when in the room.
I am ONLY thankful my children were not with us on this trip.
The bed was decent, and they provided 4 pillows, which was nice, but they weren't thivk enough to block out the noise, and for seventy dollars I expected at least SOME smblance of decency.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank kikndevsmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grover Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights, decided to try it as I was on a tight budget. I would not stay again. This motel needs a lot of work, my room had no strike plate on the door entry, so it rattled and wind came in all night, along with the glass door...as an entry in a Motel???? Easy to break and enter. The carpet was filthy, and it smelled like stale smoke. I do smoke but most the rooms I stay in don't smell as bad. The carpet also had nails sticking through it as you entered the bathroom. Ok place but I would not feel safe if i stayed alone, and would not stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank divefishey

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Fresno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

You should really.. not go here.
It is in one word.. terrible. The rooms on the photo's are shiny and all, but it's worse when arriving. We arrived with a very good mood, but when parking the car, our neighbors watched over the rail towards our car.. it wasn't a look like "hey, thats a cool car" it was more like "hey.. that car is expensive..." I know for sure.. the car would have been stolen that night. Also the door of the room was terrible. One kick should have blast the door out of its grounds... The Neighborhood was terrible, you should really... really stay away from here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank MenonVermeulen
trabug
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

We had a one-night stopover here on a drive between Vegas and San Francisco. For a one-nighter it was satisfactory, but we certainly wouldn't want to be there any longer.

Rooms were tiny and unwelcoming, though clean. The main problem was it didn't feel safe. There were men yelling outside our roon until the wee hours of the morning, and we even put all our luggage in front of the room in case of intruders during the night.

The front desk people were fine and perfectly friendly. We didn't dare use the pool - didn't look savoury! The next morning's breakfast looked like it had been yesterday's also.

I know we didn't pay a lot for the night, but I think next time I'd pay that little bit extra for a comfortable sleep.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank trabug
North Shields
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

Dont know where others stayed but the room was clean well decorated no marks stains or smells.
Plenty of clean linen and towels, loads of hot water.
Peaceful and quite, restaurant near by(Dennys)
Just what you need after a long day on tour.
Tea and coffe facilities.
Continental breakfast provided was simple but good, coffee, tea, juice,danish, yoghurt, cereals,croissants,donuts and muffins.

Stayed June 2009
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

I almost bought some bleach to clean the bathroom walls myself. Mold & Mildew seeping through the walls, through the wallpaper and through the tile. In the corner of the room exists an old reclining chair that looks ready to walk off on its own.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MusicTraveler1
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Didn't see the hookers or human waste (not that we were loooking for them!) but did see flies on the donuts in the office where you can shovel in the [-]-poor breakfast.

Still, what can you expect from a budget hotel off a freeway? Good location if you are travelling and need a few hours sleep, otherwise what are you staying here for? - It's Fresno , not LA!

Room was comfortable, clean and of a reasonable size. Not amazingly cheap, but OK. Strictly a stopover motel.

• Liked — Was a place to sleep
  • Disliked — Flies on donuts!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple