All reviews courtyard property shaw ave make a u turn trader joes quiet hotel lobby area sequoia and kings canyon checking in overnight stay exercise room check in was easy night's sleep one night stay fresno state would definitely stay here again decent hotel rooms are large
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Upon our arrival, the desk clerk did not acknowledge that we are Marriott Gold Elite members. or offer any bonus gift or upgrade. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel sits far back from the street, so you may not see it on a pass by. Even with a GPS, you may need to make a u-turn.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Julee M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Good Afternoon,

I am hopeful that you had a pleasant stay with us, and good overall trip while visiting Fresno.

I am sorry that you status didn't get acknowledged upon arrival. I am happy to look into this further in the hopes we can identify the situation more clearly.

Please email me at Robert.c.johnson2@marriott.com with your information so I may have the opportunity to look into the circumstances of your arrival. I am also at your service should you have any additional questions or concerns.

Robert Johnson
Operations Manager
Robert.c.johnson2@marriott.com

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Clean neat and tidy, very old though. This is purely a stopover hotel, if you are looking for a short stay or holiday be mindful that there is a very limited restaurant that opens at 5. Even though the menu is exceptionally small, what we received was quite good. The breakfast is again basic and i cannot approve of the plastic plates and cutlery but it was sufficient to get us on our way.The bar open at 5, there is no pool service or drink service of any kind. No members lounge and the rooms are quite old. Bathrooms are small with shower over the bath, probably not suited for older guests. No valet and the air-conditioning systems in the room are noisy. I would stay again but not for a holiday, business only or overnight to another location.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Julee M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Good Afternoon Australia1962,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay with us during your most recent visit to Fresno. We appreciate your comments and hope that you find your back to Fresno and have the opportunity to stay with us again.

If you have any comments or questions you wish to share please don't hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely

Robert Johnson
Operations Manger
Fresno Courtyard

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed there one night with my family. Check in was perfect, helpful, and quick. Room on the third floor was larger than expected. Bathroom and all area were very clean and up to date.
We had two beds and they were comfortable and roomy..
Hotel is within a mile of large shopping mall and a number of nice restaurants. We were able to shop for a couple of items we had forgotten at home and then a great dinner.
Check out was quick and easy. Staff was always friendly and helpful.
By the way, our room and floor was quiet. There was some high school athletic team there but we heard no noise.
We were surprised that there wasn’t a free breakfast since that is the norm now.
Overall we would stay here again. We drove to Clovis for an event the next day and the hotel location was convenient.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this property twice in the last 3 months. That should speak for itsself...I appreciated them allowing me to park my truck and trailer outside the front doors for security & piece of mind.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

There’s nothing that stands out about this hotel. Average, at best. Here are the facts:

ROOMS on the first floor are conveniently located with exits nearby so that you don’t have to go through the lobby.

BEDS were comfy. Sheets were clean.

BATHROOM was a different story. There were markings and stains on the walls and tile floors. Dirty grout. Made it very unappealing to walk on, so I just laid towels on the floor for my entire visit. Plus, the big ROACH that was calling the bathroom home for a night had me on edge the whole time I was there. I kept looking out for more and had my kids sit on the beds for as much time as I could. It was also a pain to have all my luggage and bags sitting high as to not have any roaches try to come home with me when I left. It was so massive, I trapped it under the soap dish, caught maintenance walking by and asked them to come get it. There was no way I was smashing that thing with my shoe. Barf!!

NOISE made by housekeeping was horrendous! The chattering in the halls and slamming of doors at 7:30 a.m. was so uncool. I had a sound machine going, too and it was still pretty loud. So if you like sleep, I suggest staying somewhere else.

PATIO doors in the first floor rooms was convenient. They opened all the way, so going to and from the car was a breeze! It was literally 10 steps from the room to the car. A plus!

LOCATION was weird. I passed it three times before I finally found it. It’s located behind a bunch of stuff. Hard to see from Shaw Ave. a lot of restaurants and fast food places nearby. Target also. A PLUS!

Overall, ok stay. Probably won’t stay there again though.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Pam P, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear MsMuffett76
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We have shared your feedback
with our teams as a "teachable moment" to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again and for your feedback and we do
hope when back in the area you will try us again.

Sincerely