“Business mans hotel”

Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Sacramento, California
“Business mans hotel”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The room was quite spacious and had a couch. It was rather generic, but the bed was very comfortable. The room overlooked a pool which was in the courtyard. Breakfast was not included but there was a small cafe in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Fresno Courtyard by Marriott. My team and I appreciate the feedback as it helps us to continually learn and sharpen our skills.

Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. If in the future I can be of any assistance to you in your travels to the Fresno area, please let me know.

All the very best,
Julee May

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Calabasas, CA
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel is in great condition and easy to access off 41, though the turn is quick when exiting and the hotel sits far off Shaw Ave. so it is easy to miss. Cheesecake Factory is very close and numerous other restaurants are within five minutes drive. Staff is very friendly and sleep quality was good. Its a nice hotel and typical for the brand though I was disappointed in the internet speed and the exercise facility. I had to quit trying to work or do email because the response time was incredibly slow. Painfully slow unlike any hotel I've visited in years. I'm thinking it was a fluke because I've stayed here before and don't recall having an issue. As for the exercise facility, I'm a runner and tend to do this on the treadmill rather than outdoors. The exercise facility was crowded at 6:00 on my first night and there are only two treadmills so I had to wait. You are also staring at a wall when you run. Mirrors would help and not cost much. (I'm too tall to use the small TV screens on the machines.) I'm going to have to try a different Marriott property (I'm loyal to Marriott) on my next trip because I thought the price was too much for what you get.

Green Features: I didn't notice anything more than the usual request to put towels on the floor if you want them cleaned.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. We regret the experience you had with our internet and exercise room were not up to par and offer our sincere apology. We have contacted our internet provider to ensure our speed where it should be and we will also be adding a treadmill to our exercise room in 2014.

Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. If in the future I can be of any assistance to you in your travels back to the Fresno Area, please let me know.

All the best,

Geneseo, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Another great Courtyard. Check in was courteous, professional and friendly. Hotel in very nice area right off 41, but easy to miss road it is on right after getting off 41. First room had malfunctioning thermostat which we noticed right away, and was looked at while we ate a very nice meal at the Bistro. We were given choice of waiting for it to be repaired or to room right next to it, which we chose since we had not unpacked yet. All handled very nicely and professionally. Room was immaculate and comfortable and had great beds. Highly recommend to anyone in Fresno area and would definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Disneyadic
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate that you choose to stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. I want you to know that we appreciate your feedback and look forward to sharing this information with our staff. We know you have choices when you travel and hope that if you do return to Fresno area, you will once again consider staying at our property.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This Courtyard is in a nice area of Fresno, although the hotel is not easy to find at first.

My room was very spacious, with a comfortable bed and a large sitting area and separate desk space. The bathroom was clean, bright and nicely updated. As with many Courtyard hotels, this Courtyard had fresh fruit-infused water in the lobby and a nice, clean internet/business area off the lobby with printers (that work, unlike many hotels)! There is a nice lounge-like sitting area off the lobby with a giant TV where my party of business travelers spent some time catching a hockey game and talking shop.

This hotel also had a Bistro with made-to-order breakfast sandwiches and fresh fruit. In the evening, the Bistro served food and wine. The staff here was great.

There was a great outdoor pool area at this hotel. There were several lounge chairs surrounding the pool and garden/courtyard area, and they were very comfortable. The pool itself was very clean - clearly they make the effort to maintain this space as it was in good condition. During my stay, they were doing some renovation to the conference space alongside the pool area so it was a bit noisy until around 3 pm (understandably).

I have traveled to Fresno on two occasions and have stayed at two different hotels, and I prefer the Courtyard. I will stay here again on my next business travel to Fresno.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
whittier, ca
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nice large rooms with quality beds and outstanding staff. They have an nice little café with wine and beer. Large and comfy lobby with free computers to use. It gets a nice and fun crowd of mostly business people around happy hour. They have a small but nice gym, and same with the pool. You are on the main drag in the city, close by up scale restaurants and shopping. Just a few miles from the college, this is the better part of the city.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back from Shaw, you can easily pass by and never see the place. Still it's easy...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank edward v
Bangalore, India
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The checkin and checkout process is hassle free. The rooms are decent.
Breakfast (simple menu, for purchase) is efficient. Staff are quite good.
Decent restaurants nearby. Lot of strip malls nearby, in case you have a spouse who wants to shop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hartpury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Really great location for visiting Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Excellent new hotel with pool in nice courtyard. Walking distance to nice family style restaurant that reminded me of times when I was a kid or, the other way, a new shopping mall. Hotel's own restaurant is pricey, especially for drinks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We enjoy hosting the many travelers that come through our doors on their way to visit the many National Parks in our area.

We're happy you were able to get good nights rest and enjoy the area surrounding the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fresno!