“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed for 2 days in Fresno to visit friends. The bed was very comfortable. Most beds are too hard, but this was "just right". The room was clean, the tv worked fine although we didn't use it much. The shower was wonderful. It was a 2-headed shower and the water pressure was great. Staff was very cordial and there is a free breakfast (toast, bagels, waffles, cereal, etc.) It is very convenient to and from the airport. Other than when people were leaving in the morning and the doors slammed, it was very quiet. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: No restaurant, but one next door at the Piccadilly Hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the sh...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sjhigg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Early morning flights when you live almost 2 hours from the airport are problematic. This hotel solves that problem with out breaking the bank. Clean comfortable room with lighting quick access to the airport. Doesn't get any better than that.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank NPUDF
Heather M, Front Desk Agent at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Good Afternoon Reviewer,

We are so happy to hear how pleased you were when you stayed here with us prior to your flight. I hope you were able to utilize our PNF, Park and Fly Program. That is if you drove down and weren't dropped off. If you were dropped off next time feel free to bring your car and for a small additional fee you can leave your car here in a safe and secure parking lot and that same speedy ride to the Airport and back.

Thanks again for staying here at the Piccadilly Inn Express

Silverdale, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed overnight at the Piccadilly Inn Express when my husband flew in from Seattle last weekend. The young lady at the front desk was very polite and helpful, and I was impressed at the cleanliness and security at the property, as well as it's proximity to the airport...super convenient! The room was great, kind of small, but nicely furnished and the AC worked GREAT! Looks like an older hotel that has been updated. It had a flat-screen TV, really comfortable bed, a fridge, microwave & coffee maker. Oh, and the wi-fi was very easy to connect to and had a great signal. I would definitely stay her again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shelli R
Heather M, Front Desk Agent at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear reviewer,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Piccadilly Inn Express. As you stated we are an older hotel on the outside but we try hard to keep our rooms up to date and current. We have done some remodeling during this last year and will continue to keep things nice and comfortable.

Thanks for the great review

Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here once a very long time ago and it has always stuck with me. The name is catchy so I never forgot the name. I visited Fresno again for a wedding and needed a place to stay. My first option was a poor choice so I got a refund and called Piccadilly for any vacancies, there was. This should have been my first choice from the beginning anyways and my girlfriend let me know that! I like everything about this place. My girlfriend especially liked the dark curtains that made it super dark. It was noon with the sun shining bright but in our room it felt like it was midnight. No noise complaints, our room was facing the parking lot and lobby and we didn't hear a peep. My girlfriend really liked the double shower head! We didn't have to take turns for the water, a big plus! I personally liked the shampoo and body wash dispensers. Very convenient!

Cons: Although there were two toilet paper rolls, both were 2/3 depleted when we got the the room and there was no reserve rolls on hand. Not a big deal as we could have requested more but it's more of a convenience issue. Would have been nice to have an extra on top of the toilet like most other hotels.

Another con was the lotion. My girlfriend used it and complained that is was very runny/watery. She showed me by swishing it in her hand and I agreed that it was like water. I don't know if it was old and it broke down into a liquid form or if it was the type of lotion. Again not a deal breaker because most don't even offer lotion.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c m
Dear reviewer,

We are very excited to hear how much you enjoy our hotel. It is returning guest that make a difference. You amongst many enjoy our duel shower heads and soap dispensers. The dark curtains make it nice for people to sleep in since most of our guests are on vacation it becomes just one more plus. We look forward to your next visit.

In regards to your con's I will talk to housekeeping and see what can be done about the toilet paper and lotion issues that you had.

Have a wonderful day.

Arizona
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was super friendly and nice. Maybe the price could be a little lower, but for being across the street from the airport it's very convenient for a early moring flight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Just wanted to say thank you for your positive review. We strive to keep our facility clean and staffed with cheerful people. We look forward to serving your needs next time you are in our area.

Placerville, California
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Piccadilly Inn Express is a no frills hotel next to the full service Piccadilly Inn near the Fresno Airport. It is simple and straight forward.

Recently remodeled, it is clean and comfortable. Not the most modern structure or latest style, but it has everything I need. New flat panel TV's. Very comfortable bed, good lighting, easy access, Shower stall, not a tub with a curtain. Good Wi-Fi, coffee in the rooms, and a breakfast buffet similar to the other mid priced Hampton/Holiday Inn Express places. Price is very reasonable. AAA even better. It also has a swimming pool for those hot summer Fresno days.

Seems to be a favorite with contractors. Lots of white trucks. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve A
Heather M, Front Desk Agent at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Good Morning Reviewer,

We appreciate the wonderful review you have left. We all try very hard to make our guests stay a wonderful experience. We have recently upgraded our breakfast, have heard lots of positive feed back on how everyone loves the new breakfast especially the waffles. They are a favorite of mine also.

We do have a few construction people here at this time, most of them have been here for a couple of months. We also offer long term rates for the traveling worker who may be on a long term assignment.

Thanks again,
Front desk agent
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful, I travel for work and had never heard of the Piccadilly but it was a very nice surprise the room was very clean and I love the double head in the shower the continental breakfast was good and the location is perfect. short drive to lots of resturants and shoping. I will keep this one on my list of places to return again.it's right next to the Fresno airport and very easy to get in and out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks Willie for your great response. We are very pleased that you have been happy with your stay here at the Piccadilly Inn Express. As I have said," we strive to make our guest's stay a wonderful experience." We enjoy having our business traveling regulars as we are able to get to meet new people and get to know them better. We are like a big happy family here at the Piccadilly Inn Express.

Thanks again