“Better than your average budget hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
California
“Better than your average budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Great place for a stop over on our way back from Sequoia National Park. Honestly, we were not expecting much from a budget hotel in Fresno. Pleasantly surprised. Better than your average budget hotel.

The room is a little bit older, but nicely kept and clean. Traveling with a family, having fridge and microwave in room is really convenient. We like the comfortable firm beds (2 queens). Staff is cheerful and friendly.

The hotel is across from the airport. Rooms on back will certainly be quieter. Our boys love planes. So we didn’t mind our room near the front of the hotel.

Breakfast is standard continental fare. It would be great if they add a waffle makers ... some hot.

Overall, a clean to stay in Fresno that won’t break your bank. Cheers!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca K, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I want to personally thank you for your considerate review. I recently acquired the hotel and am in process of updating the lobby area to create more seating space for breakfast and add multiple hot breakfast items. Please come back and stay with us next time you're in town

Owner
Piccadilly Inn Express

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Leicestershire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed in a 2x queen bed room for one night with my parents and 1 year old son.

We pre-booked and paid for our room and check-in was efficient with pleasant, helpful staff.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The carpets were reasonably clean too (my son crawls with bare feet and this is always a good test of carpet cleanliness). The towels with fresh, thick and clean and we had one each (sometimes we have only been given two or three towels for our party of four people). The room had microwave, phone, coffee maker and TV. The beds were obviously cleanly made and the mattress was comfortable but showing signs of wear (a little creaky). The AC unit was quiet enough and the area did not suffer from external noise.

Breakfast was reasonable and for the room price I was not about to complain. There was a selection of packaged bagels, muffins, sweet cakes with a good selection of bread toppings. There was a selection of different flavour oats too. The healthy choice was original oatmeal. The breakfast would have benefited from fresh fruit and yoghurt being available.

I would recommend this as a good overnight stop in Fresno.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank J_Leics
Rebecca K, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review for future guests. I also would like to say that we're listening and have added three more choices in the morning breakfast including fresh apples, heathy yoplait yogurt and milk. Please come back and stay with us any time you're in town.

Owner
Piccadilly Inn Express
Visalia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a great hotel if you have an early flight. I've booked this hotel twice in the past 3 weeks. Today I came early and asked to be checked in EARLYt (2 instead of 3) then proceeded to ask for a room right by the door leading outside as my suitcase is heavy and I'm alone. All rooms were still being cleaned so I waited 1/2 hour and got one of the exact rooms I wanted. And if you are just killing time you can take a walk through the parking lot to the large full size Piccadilly Inn and sit @ their bar. I'm here right this very second as I'm writing this having a glass of wine and a bowl of soup. Very convenient hotel. Nothing special or classy. But it works, its clean and their curtains are very good @ keeping the dark out.

• Stayed May 2011
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed for couple of days. I chose this primarily because it was closet to the airport. But to my delight I discovered the place was great - spacious, clean room; friendly & efficient staff; free service to and from airport; all that at an unbelievable price. Definitely staying here whenever I travel to Fresno.

Whitefish, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

A good room near the airport. It is showing it's age (rust in sink, slightly worn carpet). I got a good rate through a special at the hotels web site. At the normal rate this would not be a good value. Room is big enough and comes with a frig and microwave.

Room Tip: Look for specials on hotels web site.
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Being an intrepid type, I thought I'd try a hotel that is self-styled as "for the budget conscious traveler."

That was my first mistake, because unfortunately this hotel brings "budget" down to a new low.

The exterior looks promising; "nice" even. And, to be fair, the staff were friendly and helpful. OK, admittedly, that is a bonus -- and brought up my ranking from "terrible" to "poor."

The room is just dreadful. The bed is uncomfortable, the interior very dingy, the floor coverings dodgy in terms of cleanliness, to say the best, and there was a distinct odor in the corridors that I couldn't quite put my finger on (which in itself is a bit of a worry).

The noise was bad.

But, to top it all off (for me, at least) was the unbelievably cheap and tacky "liquid soap" and "lotion" dispenser over both the vanity and the shower unit. It was impossible to get any sort of sense of cleanliness from whatever liquid was placed in the dispenser and the dispenser itself was a tacky "marble-look" plastic item that would have looked at home in a 1960s Tack-O-Rama display.

I did stay one night (after all, I am intrepid), but checked out asap the next morning.

Room Tip: Try the Piccadilly Inn Airport next door.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Fresno was sold out so we were very happy to get a room at the Picadilly Express in walking distance to the airport. The airport noise was not an issue even though I am a light sleeper.
The rooms are nice with free WiFi, fridge, microwave and coffemaker in room.. Very clean and roomy and the price was right.
The staff is very friendly. Breakfast is offered but limited but gets you off to a start. For a more elaborate breakfast you can walk next door to their partner hotel Piccadilly. There is also a nice restaurant and bar there.
Check out was quick and they offer a complimentary ride to the airport even at 5 AM in the morning.Thanks to Denise and Gabriele we had a great time and will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel back to a school and are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family