“Not worth the money...”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #48 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Stinks like a Vegas hotel. Poor upkeep. Front desk clerk at check in was not helpful in directing us to our room. Sent us to the wrong building and wrong floor. Very uninformed staff. I will make sure to pass on this place the next time we are in Fresno.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank studenttraveler2011
Kevin S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2015

Hello,

On Behalf of my Red Roof Inn team. I would like to thank you for your review. Your review will help us improve with the condition of the rooms and quality of our services.

I would like to apologize for any discomfort you had to endure. However, I would like to inform you that since your last visit, our Red Roof team has improved tremendously. We have provided our staff with the knowledge and encouragement they strive for, and we are currently working on improving the amenities for all guest rooms.

Again, we apologize for the staff issues you had to endure.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Kevin Shah

Reviewed July 23, 2014

In reference to the above review that claims the hotel is dirty and drug infested. Both claims are false. The new manager Eric along with ALL of his staff have turned tis place around. His front desk employees all are proactive in making sure only guests of the hotel are on property. Of course a group of drug addicts are going to slip through the cracks once in a while, but I have personally seen the staff take appropriate measures when the druggies are caught. Under Eric's new managing I can not express enough how excellent the landscaping is. Also all the employees from housekeeping to front desk are very helpful. Pablo, Robert, Sultan, and Eric have all went above and beyond in proving excellent guest service to my family and I. Last but not least the night security is very cordial and diligent.

1  Thank jarllgibson
Eric G, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Mr. or Ms. jarllgibson (Mr. Gibson)

Thank you so very much for your review. Encouragement like yours helps us to keep making the effort to improve the property. We are fully committed to providing our guests with the best experience possible.

Thanks Again

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

ugh. filth. the only positive i could find was the room size. 2 queens it doesnt feel claustrophobic with 5 ppl in the room. the bathroom fixtures were moldy and outdated, i recommend shower shoes whem u showet. the toilet wouldnt flush half the time. the walls were stained with who knows what bodily fluid.i sanitized ever surface & febreezed tje curtains/beds before we.settled in
.. i refused to walk on the carpet without shoes/slippers. breakfast/ snack center advertised. when asked about it, i was told they lost their license to provide such a thing. its interesting that the 'remodeled' rooms are a bit pricier than the rest. your 61.01 could be better spent in an safer updated eatablishment near fresno state

Dear Matt R.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the many cleanliness issues you experienced and the lack of breakfast at our property.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I must say im impressed by all the changes ive noticed taking place at The Red Roof over the past couple of months.I admit several months ago i came into fresno as i often do for my business and always stay at RedRoof.At this time i realized things seemed to be going down hill (the reason im not sure) but what i do know is recently i stayed at The Red Roof and noticed a signifacant change fot the better.The grounds looked awesome clean,manicured you can definitly see they've had some landscaping done. My room was clean and staff was awesome, the pool area was clean and very relaxing. All i have to say is maybe The Red Roof has a new crew on deck and i give them 2 thumbs up on all the improvments..Keep up the good work.. sincerly ms randolph "exterior design consultant"

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear randirandolph

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a room for ten hours that had no working a.c. while being told by manager Eric that he had no other complaints so we must be imagining it!We had already changed rooms twice! Finally the night manager, aAndrew changed our room! We have staued many times there and it gets worse ebery time! We were never offered anything for our trauma! It had been 108 degrees that day! The hookers and druggies werent as bad as the rooms!

Dear dewingme

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience with our Air Conditioning problem.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience, and we also have setbacks. I have lived through the Fresno heat and know that we must have good A/C just to make it bearable. We would truly Love another chance to earn your business.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a group at this property scheduled for two nights. The first night they were traumatized and left. two rooms had things stolen from them (never recovered). There were drug addicts on the premise- there was a prostitute there and it's an all around unsafe place. Spoke with the general manager who was the most unprofessional person I've encountered in the hospitality industry. The security report by his security confirmed what we have stated. He refused to refund the 2nd night of the planned stay and said he didn't care what we would post. It was reported not only to the police but to the national chain which should be an embarrassment for them as well to have their name associated with this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Stu K

Dear Stu K

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you a safe comfortable place to stay for your visit.. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience, and safety and security are at the top of our list. I know that our response does not change your experience nor fix our initial response to your experience and for that I am also sorry. I would Love an opportunity to show you the change we have made, but also understand if that is not going to happen.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night and this has to be the worst place ever . I was was not clean not looked after the water in the pool was brown leaking taps in the bath room just not a safe place . Stay away from this place

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris C

Dear Chris C.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a clean and safe room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience. We would truly Love another chance to earn your business.