WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
fresnoca
“Not safe”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I dont understand how they have security cameras and they can see whats going on but the never ever call police when they see somone attempting go break in the rooms, or even say some thing to the people hanging out on the property

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank prisonbear
Eric G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Prisonbear

Recently we have taken action to insure that we are providing the safest and most secure property possible. We now have full time professional security on property everyday. While I know that this will not change what you experienced I thought you should know that we do take your comments seriously and are making every effort to provide a clean, safe place to stay, and provide superior service to every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Red Roof Inn - Fresno-Yosemite Gateway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

If I could put ZERO STARS, I would.

Disgusting place. A real dump. Filthy carpets in the halls and room. Nail polish stains on the tables and dresser. Cigarette burns on table and dresser. Stains on the couch. There was not even a trash can in the room. The toilet was dirty inside. The entire building REEKED of cigarette smoke even though EVERY room we passed had a "No Smoking" sign on it. The air conditioning was not working, and the windows had no screens. There was no breeze and there were no fans available. The clerk offered a ten (10) percent discount for the broken A/C, but refused to put it in writing or refund cash.

The same vehicle kept cruising the parking lot over and over, a silver Dodge Magnum wagon, CA License began with 6LMU…. I counted ten times that it went by, typical of a dope slinger. While we were unpacking the car, we were "scouted" by this car and two other undesirable-looking characters. Since we had a nice rental car, I was actually afraid that it would be stolen while we slept. After spending forty five minutes going over the room and its horrendous state, my wife and I left. I explained to the clerk that the room was unsatisfactory and we were checking out. There was no way we were sleeping there. We got another room at another hotel.

When I called Delta to inquire about a refund, they said the manager told them we stayed the night, and would not authorize a refund. I think their EXTENSIVE surveillance system will tell the truth. The clerk was nice, but that was all that was nice. Oh, and I forgot the police car sitting outside… I've written and will be calling Red Roof Inn's corporate offices about the situation.

Room Tip: Do not stay here! Find another hotel! Watch out for the addicts and the silver Dodge Magnum wagon.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank FrUsa1
Dear FrUsa1

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your reasonable expectations. We failed to provide you a clean and safe room, and for that I am truly sorry.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience. We would truly Love another chance to earn your business.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Red Roof Inn - Fresno-Yosemite Gateway

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've stayed at plenty of other red roof inns and this was the worst that I've seen! I didn't feel safe stay here for the 3 nights that i paid for. As i was walking up to my room, 3 drug addicts were hanging out on the stairs drinking alcohol and doing God knows what. Isn't that a great way to be greeted after a long trip? Wrong. They did not want to move out of the way. As i walked to my room, the hallways smelled disgusting. I reserved a king size bed for 3 nights the sank right in as i sat down. Come to find out that it was two beds put together. The room was filthy and the smell was just super unpleasant. I only stayed in the room for 20 mins and checked out. I didn't feel safe at all and the room was gross. The guy up front wasn't welcoming. Pictures do not do justice at all!!!! Do not stay here!! I reccommend picadilly inn.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank cjisavath
Dear cjisavath

Canyonville, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We would have left after seeing filthy conditions in "up graded room" but had been informed that room was pre paid and there were no refunds.
I would give minus stars if I could.
I will never stay in a red roof in again. Went out to auto and saw pimp dropping off three of his girls. Terrible place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1Sassie
Dear 1Sassie

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a clean room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience.

Fresno, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

It was the worst I've ever been to it's was nasty I'm a very clean person and if u call roaches clean and if them saying theres nothing they can do good customer service then stay there but it was horrible

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Alynn1234
Dear Alynn1234

Tulare, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

You get what you pay for. The room was descent. The hallways do have a nasty smell. TV has good channels & comes with a fridge. Very useful. There is a lot of "weird" people outside the area but other than that I enjoyed my stay for the price I paid.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Yolandag34

Thanks you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that it took so long for us to respond. We have been making many changes to the property to improve the cleanliness, safety and customer service. I will share your comments with our team and again thanks.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Poor quality in the hotel. When we first pulled up there was a prostitute right outside the front entrance. I checked us in while my boyfriend stayed in the car and a man walked up to him wanting to buy drugs, but he declined then the man moved on to the prostitute. The front desk man did not acknowledge me at all, and when he finally did he said "what's up!" I originally reserved a standard king room, which upon arrival I was told it was not available due to it either not being clean or someone was in it. Then I was told for my money I could get a two queen bedroom or pay more for a kind deluxe. I wanted the king so I paid more for that room, I was upset I was not offered any sort of redemption or an apology for the "mishap." Then I was told that before I enter the room the front staff was going to make sure it was at least clean. This was not very promising. After we entered the room, which was supposed to be smoke free, it had a horribly heavy odor of smoke. There was no hot water for two days out of our 4 night stay and the sink leaked underneath so I had to put towels down to soak up the water. We tried to use the sink sparingly. When I asked for more towels and mentioned the leaking sink at the front desk I was told that housekeeping only does towels and he didn't think any were clean right now because housekeeping was gone so I would have to wait the next morning. Then he said that he didn't know when maintenance would be there to fix the sink so again I would have to wait for the morning. When morning came, no maintenance and no fresh towels. We asked two more times before we got the towels and the sink was never fixed. I understand that this particular hotel was on the cheaper end for night stay, but I've stayed in better hotels for the same price. The staff was poor the quality of the room was average if at best, and the kind bed was rock hard. I will not visit this place again, perhaps the only plus was its location near the center of town and it's easy to get to.

Room Tip: The difference between the standard king and the deluxe king is that the standard is only a bed, bat...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tram D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Tram Dang