“Terrible”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed April 13, 2014

It was the worst I've ever been to it's was nasty I'm a very clean person and if u call roaches clean and if them saying theres nothing they can do good customer service then stay there but it was horrible

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Alynn1234
Eric G, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Alynn1234

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a clean room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience. We would truly Love another chance to earn your business.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,
Fred Reed
Area Support Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2014

You get what you pay for. The room was descent. The hallways do have a nasty smell. TV has good channels & comes with a fridge. Very useful. There is a lot of "weird" people outside the area but other than that I enjoyed my stay for the price I paid.

• Stayed: February 2014
Eric G, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Yolandag34

Thanks you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that it took so long for us to respond. We have been making many changes to the property to improve the cleanliness, safety and customer service. I will share your comments with our team and again thanks.

Very truly yours,
Fred Reed
Area Support Manager

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Poor quality in the hotel. When we first pulled up there was a prostitute right outside the front entrance. I checked us in while my boyfriend stayed in the car and a man walked up to him wanting to buy drugs, but he declined then the man moved on to the prostitute. The front desk man did not acknowledge me at all, and when he finally did he said "what's up!" I originally reserved a standard king room, which upon arrival I was told it was not available due to it either not being clean or someone was in it. Then I was told for my money I could get a two queen bedroom or pay more for a kind deluxe. I wanted the king so I paid more for that room, I was upset I was not offered any sort of redemption or an apology for the "mishap." Then I was told that before I enter the room the front staff was going to make sure it was at least clean. This was not very promising. After we entered the room, which was supposed to be smoke free, it had a horribly heavy odor of smoke. There was no hot water for two days out of our 4 night stay and the sink leaked underneath so I had to put towels down to soak up the water. We tried to use the sink sparingly. When I asked for more towels and mentioned the leaking sink at the front desk I was told that housekeeping only does towels and he didn't think any were clean right now because housekeeping was gone so I would have to wait the next morning. Then he said that he didn't know when maintenance would be there to fix the sink so again I would have to wait for the morning. When morning came, no maintenance and no fresh towels. We asked two more times before we got the towels and the sink was never fixed. I understand that this particular hotel was on the cheaper end for night stay, but I've stayed in better hotels for the same price. The staff was poor the quality of the room was average if at best, and the kind bed was rock hard. I will not visit this place again, perhaps the only plus was its location near the center of town and it's easy to get to.

Room Tip: The difference between the standard king and the deluxe king is that the standard is only a bed, bat...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tram D, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Tram Dang

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Worth it for the price. If your going to complain about an affordable hotel like red roof inn then you should spend more money at Hilton or Marriott. I've stayed in various hotels around California this hotel was fine for the price I knew as a smart shopper to get the UPGRADED room to avoid any complications it was just a 10 dollar difference very affordable again i cant stress on the families I've seen write reviews and expect it to be a resort. Funny bad reviews are mostly from people who get a standard room and expect more than standard accommodation. I got into my room very spacious had a microwave fridge and a coffee maker with free WiFi plus i had a flat screen TV with Dish Network I will for sure come back if I'm in town. Thanks Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: upgrade upgrade upgrade worth it for the money
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ernest g
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel was cheap below expectations. I've stayed at cheap hotels before by far this was the worst. Encountered prostitutes, drunks, fights below the rooms. Carpet filthy, roaches in first two rooms we were given. The first room appeared that someone was still living there. Food on counters bed not made. second room Bed was made still had trash in it looked lived in. We were given what was called the deluxe room it was clean. The first night we had hot water,woke up to take a shower no hot water for two days,assumed this was due to the large crowed of buses that came in I thought for sure Saturday afternoon there would be hot water but NO. Sunday morning still no hot water informed someone working there who checked. He also found there was no hot water. I would not recommend this hotel RED ROOF INN to my worst enemy. Staff very Friendly tried to be helpful. Never Again!

Room Tip: Stay away from the Hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Deepak C, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Robert H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel on tripadvisor.com.
I will ensure to pass on your compliments to our staff for their friendliness & helpfulness.
I would also like to apologize for the discomfort you had to endure during your stay.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the hallways and the room decor.
The hot water issue was a exception & not a norm as we were in the process of installing modern energy saving equipment for the property.
I would also like to say thank you for staying with us and giving your feedback.
I hope that we will see you again and that your future experience will be more positive.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Place is unkept and the area is very unsafe. Homeless people all around including prostitutes walking by. Room very old and outdated. Hallways and rooms smell of mold and mildew. Towels in poor condition. A/C did not work properly. Staff and manager could care less. I took a walk around property and couldn't believe the condition of the property. Broken windows with large pieces of glass still lying on the ground, garbage and trash liters the grounds. Dead landscape in the back with window screens lying on the ground. If someone lit a cigarette and threw the butt on the ground, the place would be up in flames in seconds. Junkyard of cars next to property. I felt very unsafe and uneasy at this location. After the fact I saw many reviews that are very negative regarding this place and the few positive ones must be from blind people or management cause no one in their right mind would give this place a positive review. I noticed management responded to negative reviews making up excuses and saying they were going to do this or that.... but this property has been in a poor condition for some time. While I was here the one night, numerous police cars arrived at the corner next to the property and a helicopter was flying overhead and had street blocked off for a few hours. I got no sleep because it was so hot in the room and actually left at 1am. I was worried my car would be vandalized as it was the only one in the parking lot. I don't think this place is going to be open much longer....obviously poor management problems and lack of money has greatly affected this place.

If I was able to post pictures, I would do so.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you stay in the north part of Fresno. The area is much safer and many hotels...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DF0922
RajCC, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
I would like to begin by apologizing for any discomfort you had to endure during your stay.
However, security of our guests is our top concern and we have been diligently working along with the city and we also have security guards at our property.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had been in another hotel previous this one and all the staff over there were rude and careless, but as soon as we walked in here (my friend and I)they were really friendly and nice, as we walked into the room we could see it was spacious, clean and it looked comfortable, I was kinda scared to stay there because of some of the reviews but I'm glad I did

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank andy12344
RajCC, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us your kind words! We truly appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you enjoy our location! We hope to continue seeing you stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn Fresno.