New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #48 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Cleveland, Ohio
“Find a better place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This motel exemplifies how the Red Roof chain has slipped in maintaining its properties. Halls were dingy and carpets were worn and filthy. The condition of our room was o.k., but a
room where my son stayed in a back building was musty smelling and not updated.
Even worse were the prostitutes hanging around doorways and feral cats in the parking lots. Complimentary breakfast offered very little, was messy and not attended to by anyone. You can save money at a place like this, but risk ruining your vacation. There are many other nicer hotels in better areas of Fresno.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rick W
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel!
We have regular preventive maintenance carried out in all the rooms to ensure that all rooms are clean & meet the guest expectations. Also we are in the process of remodeling of all the rooms in our hotel.
Regarding your claim about the musty smell had we been informed by you upon you checking into that room, that the room did not meet your expectations we would have been able to offer you an alternative room.
Also we do have security cameras through out the property as well as security guard at night time.
Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there one night and were disappointed by this motel.

On the positive side:
- nice staff
- the rooms are large and look nice
- there's a nice pool

But, on the flip side.
- the hall is stained
- the fridge in our room was not working
- they are supposed to have 3 ice machines - I could only find 2 and both were out of service - we ended d buying ice
- Cleanliness is not great ( kids were playing behind a curtain and found something that looked like vomit on the back of it) - then we started looking around and found that the mattress was badly stained...
- the breakfast is really poor ( breakfast and breakfast area )

We stayed in other cheap motels in CA and this one was really below the other ones
They have nice rooms so it would not take much for them to improve their quality and leave a better impression

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Evjl
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel on tripadvisor.com.
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
I would like to begin by apologizing for any discomfort you had to endure during your stay.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the hallways and the room decor.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or the ice machine not working is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
I would also like to say thank you for staying with us and giving your feedback.
I hope that we will see you again and that your future experience will be more positive.

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Layton, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had two night free voucher to stay here in June 2012. This is a really great hotel should the opportunity arise to kill a hooker and stash the body! We encountered roaches in the hallway, queen beds with urine stains on the box spring liner, dirty carpets, water stained walls, cobwebs in the window pane and the stench of failure throughout the room. No soap, which I desperately wanted. Air conditioner barely worked.

Giving management the benefit of the doubt, I returned to the un air conditioned lobby and notified them of the unacceptable condition of the room. They responded by offering another room in much the same condition with the sole exception of the Black Ice tree air fresher near the a/c outlet.

I notified management that even for free, I would not stay in these rooms, bid them a good day and found other accommodations.

A clean room with working A/C is not being picky.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian L
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in the hotel only 1 night coming from Sequoia park. Rooms were spacious and clean, although the interior haven't been refurbished for quite some time. Good is that they have a pool and their own parking lot. It's ok value for the money I would say.
Breakfast is I would say american hotel standard :D, few toasts, fruits, jam, butter etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Guatemala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Reception was Ok and check-in was fast. However they couldn't give us two cards to enter the room.
When we approached the room building we found stains everywhere on the carpet, the walls, doors, everything. There was a foul smell everywhere and even found a loose dog around the hallways. The room was really big but the window was in front of the street so no privacy there, we had to keep it shut all day. The vents were extremely loud and A/C was not working very well. The bathroom was dirty and full of stains everywhere.
Finally the breakfast was lacking. There was only toast with butter, they offered eggs, milk, varied juices and cream cheese but you're lucky if you happen to find them.

The only good thing was the hotel's location and the comfortable beds but besides that I think you will find much better options at the same price. For instance there's a days inn one block away from this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank juandi89
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or not getting a second key is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
I do apologies once again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night, and never again. First when we walked in the room it was like 90 degrees in there and the air conditioner wasn't working very well. Then we requested a wake up call because he was there on business the wake up call never came in and he was late. Instead of staying there the 3 more days we moved to a different hotel were they didnt let us down and showed us great hospitality. I really hope they fix the issues cause this could be a great place to stay

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank CgonzalesJ
Chico, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Did you ever request a wake-up call from a hotel/motel that never came? Me neither, until my visit to Red Roof Inn. Other problems included: a bathroom vent so loud it kept me from falling asleep, a large mirror speckled by large brown dots of something (paint, maybe); a computer in the lobby positioned by blinds that the staff was unable to close, thus piercing me with the sun when I went on-line --I tried to position the yard-sale mirror in front of it to block the rays, but it began to fall apart piece by piece when I touched it. I didn't want to get charged $1 to replace it; breakfast that included a choice of holey (worm infested?) apples; and a pool with dirty walls. It's clearly not the one pictured. At least my bed wasn't slanted. Another guest requested a different room because his was.

If you want a good night's sleep at a decent price, don't stay here. If you want quality, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs, an alarm clock, and your own breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RobynE701
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the lobby and the room decor.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or not getting a wake up call is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
I do apologies once again.