“OK for the price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in the hotel only 1 night coming from Sequoia park. Rooms were spacious and clean, although the interior haven't been refurbished for quite some time. Good is that they have a pool and their own parking lot. It's ok value for the money I would say.
Breakfast is I would say american hotel standard :D, few toasts, fruits, jam, butter etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Reception was Ok and check-in was fast. However they couldn't give us two cards to enter the room.
When we approached the room building we found stains everywhere on the carpet, the walls, doors, everything. There was a foul smell everywhere and even found a loose dog around the hallways. The room was really big but the window was in front of the street so no privacy there, we had to keep it shut all day. The vents were extremely loud and A/C was not working very well. The bathroom was dirty and full of stains everywhere.
Finally the breakfast was lacking. There was only toast with butter, they offered eggs, milk, varied juices and cream cheese but you're lucky if you happen to find them.

The only good thing was the hotel's location and the comfortable beds but besides that I think you will find much better options at the same price. For instance there's a days inn one block away from this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank juandi89
RajCC, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel on tripadvisor.com.
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
I would like to begin by apologizing for any discomfort you had to endure during your stay.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the hallways and the room decor.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or not getting a second key is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
I do apologies once again.
I would also like to say thank you for staying with us and giving your feedback.
I hope that we will see you again and that your future experience will be more positive.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night, and never again. First when we walked in the room it was like 90 degrees in there and the air conditioner wasn't working very well. Then we requested a wake up call because he was there on business the wake up call never came in and he was late. Instead of staying there the 3 more days we moved to a different hotel were they didnt let us down and showed us great hospitality. I really hope they fix the issues cause this could be a great place to stay

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank CgonzalesJ
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Did you ever request a wake-up call from a hotel/motel that never came? Me neither, until my visit to Red Roof Inn. Other problems included: a bathroom vent so loud it kept me from falling asleep, a large mirror speckled by large brown dots of something (paint, maybe); a computer in the lobby positioned by blinds that the staff was unable to close, thus piercing me with the sun when I went on-line --I tried to position the yard-sale mirror in front of it to block the rays, but it began to fall apart piece by piece when I touched it. I didn't want to get charged $1 to replace it; breakfast that included a choice of holey (worm infested?) apples; and a pool with dirty walls. It's clearly not the one pictured. At least my bed wasn't slanted. Another guest requested a different room because his was.

If you want a good night's sleep at a decent price, don't stay here. If you want quality, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs, an alarm clock, and your own breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RobynE701
RajCC, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the lobby and the room decor.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or not getting a wake up call is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
I do apologies once again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

the rooms at the red roof were very large, and very comfortable, and come with a fridge, and yet very reasonable priced, staff is very polite,

The ac/ heat are one a boiler system so you have only choice of one during the apporiate season, but they do have fans avaiable at the front desk

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The rooms are huge and the staff is very friendly. If you come prepared, you will have a decent stay. Our room was quite large had a queen and a king bed - great for a family! Fridge and coffepot in room. Breakfast is an okay continental breakfast but if that is important to you, with the $ you save, go out to eat at a restaurant. Had to ask for extra towels for the number in our party, no kleenex, soap/shampoo dispensers were empty but we had everything we needed with us. Hotel was packed but quiet. Mix-up in our reservation and room was quickly and pleasantly remedied.

Room Tip: If you are a family with a couple of kids, ask for the rooms with the king and queen. Our room ove...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012

november we check in its been such a wonderful time we benn her since november 1 2012 the manager is great on top of things the staff is right t here and comfortable there if u need them you fill safe. they have security thats great a nice continental breakfast are great. its family filled here . i highly recommenend if you come to fresno stay at the redroof inn on blackstone at ashlan across from petsmart. thank you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends