“the redroof inn”

Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
auberry,california
“the redroof inn”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

november we check in its been such a wonderful time we benn her since november 1 2012 the manager is great on top of things the staff is right t here and comfortable there if u need them you fill safe. they have security thats great a nice continental breakfast are great. its family filled here . i highly recommenend if you come to fresno stay at the redroof inn on blackstone at ashlan across from petsmart. thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
la habra
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We checked in our room was like a oven. Apparently there is no air condition you get hot air thru vents. They told me that the a/c wasn't available till june? What kind of place doesn't have ac. The room was dingy with holes in the drapes and the night stands were covered with hair. The place changed to red roof inn but the outside looks still scary with homeless and prositu\tes walking around. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Brentwood
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I sent my work crew of 6 to stay at this "INN". If the breakfast is important to you do not stay here. We were told they had; fresh waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, donuts and eggs so we booked our three rooms. Our guys woke up to only bagels and hardly any. The rooms were dirty. The guys refused to stay there another night (pretty bad, they are not so picky) so we put them up at the best western. We will never stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: It might help to call and get the name of the person you talk to and confirm the amenities and break...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert W
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here when visiting Kings canyon. First, its too far. Second, they ran out of breakfast before the breakfast time was over. Twice! I would expect they would at least learn from the first day and get more supplies on the second, but no. So if you're the type that hits breakfast as late as possible, expect no juice/milk/bagels etc - all you can expect is dry cornflakes and maybe some hot chocolate packets if you're lucky.

As for the room itself, it had the typical stench of a smoking room converted to non-smoking, but it was fairly faint. The air conditioning was not adequate, and the first night there was quite hot and stuffy.

All in all, if you're just here to spend the night, it might work, but I'd highly recommend going elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Viv1theWanderer
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel and was very impressed!! The rooms were very clean and they are large (my room had two beds - one king and one queen). The extra space was great for my family with all of our luggage (visiting Yosemite NP).
My kids loved the pool and my wife liked the "double" vanity area because she had her own counter to apply her make up and "do" her hair.

Met the manager and she told me that they are about to start a big renovation to actually update the rooms bedding and install flat screen TVs. Told her I thought the hotel was good as is, I can't wait to come back next year and see what they did.

• Stayed August 2012
Beautiful Vermont
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were scheduled for 2 nights but due to a change in plan stayed only one, good thing!! They allowed me to cancel our 2nd night at check in even though their policy is 48 hours notice, so that was a positive. The room was decent sized and everything met with my wife's cleanliness standards. I look for a good clean room with a comfortable bed and pillows on the road, that's it, or so I thought. I have added hot water to my list. No hot water at ABVI WATER TREE, and believe me we let it run forever. We were checking out so we didn't complain or give them an opportunity to rectify the issue, but just shouldn't happen.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ukiah, California
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We were up in Fresno visiting my grandson who was graduating from high school. The hotel was convienent location close to hwy. Rooms were large and for a low budget hotel provided breakfast including donuts and waffles. The staff took their time in helping us with directions to restaurants and shopping center. I would recommend this to any one visiting in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family