“The Best Deal in Fresno”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel and was very impressed!! The rooms were very clean and they are large (my room had two beds - one king and one queen). The extra space was great for my family with all of our luggage (visiting Yosemite NP).
My kids loved the pool and my wife liked the "double" vanity area because she had her own counter to apply her make up and "do" her hair.

Met the manager and she told me that they are about to start a big renovation to actually update the rooms bedding and install flat screen TVs. Told her I thought the hotel was good as is, I can't wait to come back next year and see what they did.

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were scheduled for 2 nights but due to a change in plan stayed only one, good thing!! They allowed me to cancel our 2nd night at check in even though their policy is 48 hours notice, so that was a positive. The room was decent sized and everything met with my wife's cleanliness standards. I look for a good clean room with a comfortable bed and pillows on the road, that's it, or so I thought. I have added hot water to my list. No hot water at ABVI WATER TREE, and believe me we let it run forever. We were checking out so we didn't complain or give them an opportunity to rectify the issue, but just shouldn't happen.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We were up in Fresno visiting my grandson who was graduating from high school. The hotel was convienent location close to hwy. Rooms were large and for a low budget hotel provided breakfast including donuts and waffles. The staff took their time in helping us with directions to restaurants and shopping center. I would recommend this to any one visiting in town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This inn is fairly average - our room was large, a little dated, relatively clean. There is a sizeable outside pool, but we didn't use it.

The reason this gets a 2 however is because the staff were unhelpful and didn't have a great amount of knowledge. Most of the motel staff we've met in other places have been far more helpful and eager to assist. Also, the breakfast was all a bit cheap and poor. I'm sure we could get better for our money in the same area. If we ever go back to Fresno (which we probably won't) I would definitely not stay here.

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room with a large sliding door leading to the car park / pool area. While it was...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemsybob
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Rooom was large and clean, bed was ok, got a good nights sleep.Price was right, but the breakfast was disapointing as they only had toast and frozen waffels and the usual coffee and miik. and apple juice, the orange juice was a orange drink called sunnydee.
the staff could not have been any nicer they were very acomadating very pleasent.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ranchogordo
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I am from out of town and was hoping to find a "best value" inn to stay at. I was hoping I'd get some rest but coming to my room 212 the toliet paper was already used and out of the wrapping. There was no shampoo or lotion. The sink water was orange/YELLOW and so was the shower. I did not feel safe or clean. I did not use it one bit. Called front desk and they say "THEIR PIPES ARE OLD AND JUST TO RUN THE WATER". And that the toliet paper is suppose to be like that, NO! No its not suppose to be half way gone. Horrible. Just horrible. I think we will be checking out the next morning

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Srajsavong
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just arrived from a weekend's stay. If cheap is what you want, you can get cheap elsewhere in the same area, but sooooo....much better. No elevator, no AC but allegedly with a heater, which does not work! Pictures on internet look great but REALLY! It is old and dirty. Booked 3 rooms for an alleged "bargain". Our room with 2 Queen size beds only had TWO really rough towels, which weren't even white. When we called the front desk for 2 additional towels, no answer. Could not sleep all night from feeling cold. Didn't want to use the quilt cover which only made me sneeze due to dust. We were coughing all night from the musty smell. It was either living with the smell or the cold at night (when we open the windows). And, what continental breakfast? Got there at 8 am and all doughnut were gone! Fortunately our dear friend sneaked us into Comfort suite the the buffet breakfast. And her room was so clean and new, for only $67. It had a King size bed and a sofa bed, soft white towels and nice clean and soft pillows and bedding! Now we know. Never again!

Room Tip: Don't go there. Horrible...REALLY. It is like a motel 6.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business