“OK for a sleep stop”

Best Western Village Inn
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night on 12th June 2013 whilst on a tour on our way from Las Vegas to Sonora. OK for a sleep stop, nothing to do but eat and sleep. Nothing great but our room was clean and the hotel was well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Village Inn

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We always enjoy out Best Westerns; this was a quick stop and sleep trip. Check in area very big and very clean had a fireplace next time maybe enjoy it. The room was clean but we just slept and showered next morning. Grabbed quick free breakfast & left. Check in and out was quick & easy and very polite clerks everning & morning. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim S
gambit423, General Manager at Best Western Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and would like to thank you for taking time to share your feedback!
Our staffs are committed to provide a comfortable place for you to stay while traveling to the Fresno/Clovis area and we certainly hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gambit423, General Manager at Best Western Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Reviewed April 22, 2013

After staying at the Best Western in Exeter, we made the mistake of thinking all Best Westerns would be up to that standard - sadly we were wrong. Not only is this Best Western in an area that does not feel safe, the rooms are dark and dingy (our view from the window was a brick wall a couple of feet away) and the decor was dated and tired. We had to make countless trips to reception for issues with our room (not enough towels, items missing, etc) and although we had asked for a crib when booking, we were told there wasn't one available when we arrived (even though we didn't see anyone else there staying with babies). The only saving grace was that the breakfast was better with more choice than at other places we stayed at. W would definitely not go back here and would also avoid Fresno if travelling in California again!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LondonFlipflops

Thank you for your review. I apologize we didn't meet your expectation on your trip. We will make sure every room is above standards and ready to go.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We found ourselves headed to Fresno as a last minute trip when my mom had a stroke while passing through the area on her vacation. This was one of the closer lodge options to the regional medical center. I called them to confirm a few things and, due to the trip being for medical needs, we were offered a rate better than what I had found on-line. We frequent Best Westerns and found this one to be average yet nice. The internet was fast and the breakfast options were the usual for BW and always well-stocked. We would stay here again when passing though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jiggerb
Reviewed March 18, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm a Best Western fan. I travel a ton for work, and I've always had good experiences with Best Westerns. This Best Western wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It looked like it hadn't been updated since the mid 90's. The staff was decent, and it's right off the highway. I got the feeling it wasn't in the best part of town, but I didn't have any gang activity or scary moments. I wouldn't want to go jogging at midnight, but I wasn't scared at any point during my stay. The room was cleanish, and there was wifi and a small tv. The bathroom was ok (the hot water took awhile). My biggest draw back was the fan was as loud as a freight train. I'm one of those people who need a fan to sleep (downs out the noise) but this fan was super loud. It also stopped with a thud, which woke me up, at about 4 am. I got up to turn it on again, but unfortunately the super loud sound drowned out my IPhone's alarm. All in all this is a solid 3 star property. It's not scary, you won't die, it's pretty clean and pretty comfortable. Would I stay here again? I'm not sure. I wouldn't NOT stay here again if that makes sense.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business