“Their attitude was great, room acceptable...”

BEST WESTERN Village Inn
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Their attitude was great, room acceptable...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We found ourselves headed to Fresno as a last minute trip when my mom had a stroke while passing through the area on her vacation. This was one of the closer lodge options to the regional medical center. I called them to confirm a few things and, due to the trip being for medical needs, we were offered a rate better than what I had found on-line. We frequent Best Westerns and found this one to be average yet nice. The internet was fast and the breakfast options were the usual for BW and always well-stocked. We would stay here again when passing though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jiggerb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm a Best Western fan. I travel a ton for work, and I've always had good experiences with Best Westerns. This Best Western wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It looked like it hadn't been updated since the mid 90's. The staff was decent, and it's right off the highway. I got the feeling it wasn't in the best part of town, but I didn't have any gang activity or scary moments. I wouldn't want to go jogging at midnight, but I wasn't scared at any point during my stay. The room was cleanish, and there was wifi and a small tv. The bathroom was ok (the hot water took awhile). My biggest draw back was the fan was as loud as a freight train. I'm one of those people who need a fan to sleep (downs out the noise) but this fan was super loud. It also stopped with a thud, which woke me up, at about 4 am. I got up to turn it on again, but unfortunately the super loud sound drowned out my IPhone's alarm. All in all this is a solid 3 star property. It's not scary, you won't die, it's pretty clean and pretty comfortable. Would I stay here again? I'm not sure. I wouldn't NOT stay here again if that makes sense.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jgiano
Citrus Heights, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I come to Fresno 8 times a year & this is the only Hotel that I am comfortable in. This town leaves a lot to be desired but I feel this location is about the best Fresno has to offer. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean & the breakfast is good. I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area. Most hotels in Fresno are also used by hookers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Steev_0
Susanville, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed a few nights here. The building was secure. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was awesome. We slept in the whole time we were here. The full breakfast menu was great. We enjoyed our stay and will definately stay here next time we are in Fresno.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Kathleen C
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My expectations were tempered by this being a budget-ish hotel, and this hotel just barely crawled its way to meet those expectations. I'm still not sure what the difference is between a Best Western "Plus" and just a regular Best Western (maybe just that the rate is the regular rate "plus" a little extra). In any case, there didn't seem to be anything "plus" about this Best Western.

Everything rated pretty much average -- we got a moderately comfortable place to crash, the room was clean, etc. -- but nothing even hinted at slightly exceeding expectations, especially the service. I saw the same front desk clerk at both check-in and check-out, and both times he was surly, sarcastic and unhelpful. Friendliness is a minimum requirement that I expect from all hotels, 1-star or 5-star.

The surrounding area is also on the sketchy side, so if that bothers you, look for a place in a different part of town. I can say the hotel is very conveniently located to the freeway.

Bottom line: I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main roads surrounding the hotel (but be prepared for a sarcastic respo...