Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenbreakfast and dinnersocial hourevening receptionnorth fresnohome away from homeliving roomgreat place to stayoatmealbusiness tripfront desk staffcomplimentary breakfastnice staybed was very comfortablewould stay againpotatoessausage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2009

I travel often for business, and stay in hotels for 2 - 3 weeks at a time. So I know exactly what I need to make my stay enjoyable. My work is usually 5 pm to 5 am, so I need a quiet room, and some flexibility with the breakfast time. In this case, I phoned in advance and requested an interior, upstairs, quiet room. They said "no problem". Yet when I arrived, they assigned me a parking lot facing ground level room. I asked for what I had requested and was told they were all gone. They did eventually offer me the room I had requested, but it was too late as I had unpacked and had no time to re-pack and move.
Since breakfast is served 6 am to 9 am, I asked if they could doggy-bag some breakfast items for me so I could pick them up either when I got back to the hotel (before 6 am) or when I woke up, later in the afternoon. The staff was nice enough to accommodate my request for the first couple of days, but when management found out (Victor G.), he pointed to the "breakfast is served" sign and claimed I could no longer get breakfast in a take-away bag. What's the point of doing something so mean and unaccommodating, when it had been no trouble for staff previously? I called another hotel nearby and moved.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank sokitty
Reviewed January 12, 2009

I am impressed with the Homewood Suites room. Everything is so new and clean. The kitchen is extremely useful, and it even got a full size dish washer. There are two LCD TVs and the programmings are actually in high def. The breakfast was good and the staffs were friendly.

My only complain is that the hotel is really difficult to find. The car GPS (2008 map) cannot find the street number (maybe it is too new?). Google map on the iPhone shows the hotel about 1 mile off where it should be. The actually hotel was "hidden" behind another hotel, and cannot be seen on Fresno Street.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2008

I travel a lot on business and I simply loved this hotel. Fresno doesn't have too many offerings as far as nice hotels go, but they are making progress.

This Homewood is brand new and the rooms are a real suite, with a separate bedroom separated by a door from the living room. Love the free popcorn too!

Evening reception has sorta OK wine, Bud Light on tap, and the evening I visited, chicken fingers and salad to eat. I am not a big fried food fan, but the chicken fingers were beyond your typical Banquet frozen variety, with spice, juice and flavor. I approved. They seemed more baked than fried... but I digress...

The room was so comfy and clean. The bed was so great. No noise quotient in the room. I really enjoyed my stay, and being as jaded as I am on hotels, that's a big thumbs up.

PS If you are debating about Homewood vs Springhill, basically at the same location, I 'd go with Homewood every time. Not to say Springhill isn't nice, but there is something definitely a little bit better about this place.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank travelingrules
Reviewed December 1, 2008

Business required an overnight trip to Fresno. Thought I would stay at this Hilton affiliated property. Although it is difficult to find, the location is well situated in North Fresno. My junior suite was extremely nice from the ceiling fan over the king size bed to the mini-kitchen. The bed was not the most comfortable, but it certainly was much better than most hotels of this class. The wireless internet was included in the room price (great AAA rate) and worked flawlessly. The complimentary breakfast selection was decent (cheese omlet, bacon, french toast and oatmeal along with assorted muffins, bagels and pastries). Only tip is to go early since the hotel ran out of coffee by 9 am.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ClaytonBearBacker
Reviewed October 4, 2008

Okay, if you want to make points with your kids soccer team, book this place. Everything is brand spanking new and shiny. The small suite we stayed in (sitting area/kitchen and a separate bedroom/bath) was clean, roomy, comfortable and it smelled great! There were two TV's, two climate control units, bath with separate vanity area and a kitchen equipped with a full size fridge, range top, microwave and a dishwasher. The breakfast wasn't bad and included small cheese omelettes, sausages and make your own waffle stations. The common area past the lobby is great for getting your family, group or team together in the evenings because it is really quite large and equipped with tables, chairs and TV. Also, from this area you can access an outdoor patio with even more room to congregate. We stayed here because I had HiltonHonors points to burn, but the rest of our team stayed up the street at a not as nice place. For a dollar more a night, they were in regular motel type rooms in an aging property. This is the place you'll want to stay at in the Clovis/Fresno area.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family