“A great find, perfect place to stop over on the way to Yosemite”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Great location near restaurants. Fantastic suite with everything you could possibly need or want. Very spacious and comfortable. Would have been nice to stay over for a few nights. We just stayed the one on our way to Yosemite as a stop over. The breakfast was quite nice. We grabbed some stuff to take on the go so can't comment too much. The only negative was that there doesn't seem to be many lifts. We seemed to be walking forever looking for them. Our room was a corner room with no lifts directly nearby. No signs to and from lifts either so got lost trying to find them.

Tip for the hotel: place signs up directing customers which way the lifts are as they are difficult to find!

Other than that our stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights with husband and two teens. Convenient location just off the 41 but not too close to the noisy freeway. Adequate front desk service. Nice two room suite with two queen beds. Dishwasher full of dishes upon arrival, bit everything else was clean and neat. Two zone air conditioner made it convenient to cool off in high Fresno temps. Comfortable mattresses but horrible scratchy stiff brown duvet covers. Always should be crisp white cotton duvet. Full size sheets on queen size bed = lazy housekeeping staff. Free breakfast was gross - watered down OJ, "hot entrees" that were cold and slimy, and constantly had to ask for basics such as plates and silverware. Did not check out the pool or gym.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We checked in very late after encountering problems at another hotel. The front desk was very quick to get us into a room. The room was very large, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was great the next morning and allowed us to get on the road early to visit Sequoia Ntl Park as it is only an hour from this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've stayed at many Homewood Suites for business and pleasure over the last 10 years. This one is on top of its game in almost every area. The room was very clean and is either fairly new or new remodeled. It has the great space and homey feel I expect out of the brand. When I needed a frying pan to make a couple of hamburgers, they pulled one from the kitchen for me to borrow to make our meal. The breakfast was plentiful and offered good variety. The only thing that I would have liked to seen differently is better recommendations for restaurants in the area - we were looking for something more local and better than the three closest chain restaurants to the hotel. Luckily, we had TripAdvisor for that too and found a great option on our own.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A good hotel in an attractive area of Fresno, California. It was a hot night but the air condition was entirely adequate. It was a non-smoking mini-suite. The rooms were clean and the furnishings relatively new. If I come back to Fresno, this would be the place I would stay. My impression is the company that operates this hotel knows what they are doing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great hotel, perfect location. Found out very late at night that the master bed sheets were not clean, as if someone had slept on them and the bed was made, but the sheets were left unchanged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was very happy the entire time until very late (1 in the morning) when I pulled back the comforter and there were several kernals of rice in the bed!!!!!!!!! Could have been worse, but it was unnerving that any call for help would have likely been left unresolved at that hour. Had to lay fresh towels in the bed over the sheets to cover them.

Breakfast was mediocre....waffles and bagel breakfast sandwiches don't go together.....need sausage and./or bacon for the waffles leave the bagel sandwiches as an option.

Other than those concerns, the hotel was nice, comfy. The kitchenette was perfect for our brief combined work/family getaway stay. I was able to whip up a delicious and healthy meal for my fam. Target was the closest grocery market in the area. Signs indicating Winco coming soon, but ground yet unbroken.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FairfieldSpikesFam
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites twice in August. My first impression was very good. Good enough that I went back when I needed somewhere to stay a few days later. Both times the room was super clean, tastefully decorated and felt roomy. The ceilings are high, the king bed was luxurious, the pillows were awesome, the bathroom was immaculate and soothing. My son stayed in the living room on the couch hide-away bed and he said he was comfortable. I gave it a try and I don't think I would have been comfortable. The kitchen was very nice with sink, stove, full size fridge and a little table. I probably would have given five stars but on the second stay the wall mount air conditioner was too loud and it was especially disturbing when it cycled on. Overall they are nice rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HtlMngr, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Skipper44,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. From the nature of your comments it sounds like you were pretty satisfied on your last stay. We are glad to hear that you have at least visited us twice and have had good stays. We wish you didn't have an issue with the loud sound from the ptac unit. We will try and identify this issue and get it addressed. We thank you again for your review and hope you stay with us again.

Serina Najar