“Nice, clean hotel in Fresno” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Davis, CA
“Nice, clean hotel in Fresno”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed two nights. Good location. Room was spacious and clean. Nice flat screen tv. Breakfast was average. I liked the warm cinnamon rolls! I would stay here again if I"m in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Culver City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

I come into Fresno once a week for business and of coure stay in hotels..been to Hampton, La Quinta, Springhill and now the Holiday Inn Express. I normally get a warm welcome but when I came in to the Hoiday Inn Express, I was greeted by the Regional Managers with cookies, maps of where to go and even a shuttel to dinner. WOW...great service. Blair and Hardip are wonderful. Clean and comfortable rooms, Food was hot and ready...price was well worth it. I will use this hotel and now "only" this hotel for all my Fresno visists...thanks guys...it was a Holiday

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

We stayed here for a night en route to Yosemite. Clean rooms, relatively quiet despite being near the freeway. The complimentary breakfast was good with a wide choice of muffins, pastries, eggs, bacon, cereal and juices. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Lockport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I were in Fresno for the marathon event, and this hotel's location was very convenient to the race venue. Check-in was fast and easy, and when we inquried about extending our check-out time by 1 hour we were given the OK with no hassle.

Our room was spacious and comfortable and included a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. As my husband had hoped to soak in a warm bath before the race, we were a little disappointed that there was no bathtub, only a shower. Also, the pool area was closed for the season, which meant that we were unable to take advantage of the outdoor whirlpool as an alternative to a bathtub.

The only real complaint we had during our stay was the noise from the sinks/bathrooms of adjoining rooms -- it seemed as though we could hear everyone elses' plumbing activities throughout the night.

We didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, as it didn't start until 6 am (and we had to be at our race before 7 am).

We also made the mistake of checking out of our room and turning in our room keys, and THEN discovering that we were unable access the ice machines that are kept behind card-secure doors on the 2nd and 4th floors.

Still, this was a nice place to stay, and the price wasn't bad considering they were sold out for marathon weekend.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

My husband and I went to Fresno for a wedding reception which was held at the Woodward Lake Club House so this property was extremely convenient. We also were there to look for dump trucks for sale through out the Fresno area, and this being right off of Hwy 41 was great.

When I booked the room I called the hotel directly and was upgraded to a King suite at the standard room rate ( $99 per night ). GREAT!!! It was very nice having the double room. The bed was very comfortable. The a/c however was problematic. It goes off whenever the room is unoccupied ( understandable ), however, upon returning my husband had to "fix" it every time so it would turn back on. Kind of a hassle, but not a deal breaker. We didn't have a chance to use the pool, but it looked nice.

The included breakfast was quite nice. Nothing really special, but convenient and filled our tummys until lunch. The cookies in the lobby in the evening were a nice touch.

I would definately stay at this property again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foxyteacher
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

For starters, easy to find. There's a couple turns once you get off the freeway, but you can see the place from the offramp so it's not too hard. Plenty of parking. IHOP across the street and through a parking lot. Several other restaurants within blocks. The place looks quite new. No complaints about cleanliness or comfort. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave; we didn't use either but I assume they work. The refrigerator wasn't mildewy or anything.

Smoking area/ ashtray could have been closer to the entrance, and maybe sheltered from the wind and rain a little. (The whole hotel is nonsmoking) As it is, there was evidence of other smokers besides myself, and they didn't bother to walk the 100 feet. So there are cigarette butts near the entrance. It could be avoided.

The staff was friendly but looked incredibly bored. Very quiet this weekend.

The breakfast food is standard HI Express - heavy on carbs. Plenty of choices for breads and cereals, cheese omelets, some bacon or sausage. HUGE plus to me that the coffee was available all day. I never needed to mess around with the dinky in-room coffeemaker. Free Wifi is a big plus, too.

My only complaint, and it's not one that can be fixed easily, is the room construction. The bathroom door is wiiiiide. So when it opens, it hits the corner of the closet. The closet could have been built literally an inch further in and the door would swing all the way open. As it is, you exit the bathroom and find yourself trapped between the entrance door, the bathroom, the bathroom door, and the wall. You must close the bathroom door to get into the room. Very weird.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2008

On my recent trip to Fresno, CA I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. This hotel is located with many other hotels in less than 1/4 of a mile. The hotel property itself is very clean as the hotel opened about a year ago. Front Desk Staff was not very helpful with our check in and didn't seem to offer what I would call quality customer service.

However our room was very nice. Rooms automatically come with a mini wet bar which consists of a microwave and a refrigerator, all of which you would have to pay extra for usually.

All Holiday Inn Express hotels do offer a free breakfast in the morning but I have to say this one lacks compared to others I have experienced. Eggs were cold and hard, muffins were hard, bacon was soggy, and the cereal was kind of stale.

With all the other properties in the area I would recommend going to a different hotel if you like to experience the luxuriousness and quality of a hotel.

• Liked — Location and Rooms
  • Disliked — Customer Service of Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)