For starters, easy to find. There's a couple turns once you get off the freeway, but you can see the place from the offramp so it's not too hard. Plenty of parking. IHOP across the street and through a parking lot. Several other restaurants within blocks. The place looks quite new. No complaints about cleanliness or comfort. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave; we didn't use either but I assume they work. The refrigerator wasn't mildewy or anything.
Smoking area/ ashtray could have been closer to the entrance, and maybe sheltered from the wind and rain a little. (The whole hotel is nonsmoking) As it is, there was evidence of other smokers besides myself, and they didn't bother to walk the 100 feet. So there are cigarette butts near the entrance. It could be avoided.
The staff was friendly but looked incredibly bored. Very quiet this weekend.
The breakfast food is standard HI Express - heavy on carbs. Plenty of choices for breads and cereals, cheese omelets, some bacon or sausage. HUGE plus to me that the coffee was available all day. I never needed to mess around with the dinky in-room coffeemaker. Free Wifi is a big plus, too.
My only complaint, and it's not one that can be fixed easily, is the room construction. The bathroom door is wiiiiide. So when it opens, it hits the corner of the closet. The closet could have been built literally an inch further in and the door would swing all the way open. As it is, you exit the bathroom and find yourself trapped between the entrance door, the bathroom, the bathroom door, and the wall. You must close the bathroom door to get into the room. Very weird.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno-River Park is conveniently located near the River Park shopping center. Just around the corner from restaurants such as the PF Chang's, Ruth's Chris, Famous Dave's, Slate's and more. We are minutes away from the Big Fresno Fair, SaveMart Center, the Grizzly Stadium, Fresno State University, Old Town Clovis and downtown Fresno. Easy on and off highway access. Hotel features include free high-speed Internet access, print on demand, free hot breakfast, a business & fitness center, guest laundry facility, and pay-per-view. Our prime location in Fresno will put you near famous attractions like Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Millerton and Bass Lake and casinos. Close to our Holiday Inn Express - Fresno, is also Children's Hospital, Kaiser Permanente, St. Agnes, Wells Fargo Corporate, and more. Visit Fresno, CA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Riverpark hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
- Holiday Inn Express Fresno
- Holiday Inn Fresno
- Fresno Holiday Inn