Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Los Angeles, CA
“Good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

For starters, easy to find. There's a couple turns once you get off the freeway, but you can see the place from the offramp so it's not too hard. Plenty of parking. IHOP across the street and through a parking lot. Several other restaurants within blocks. The place looks quite new. No complaints about cleanliness or comfort. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave; we didn't use either but I assume they work. The refrigerator wasn't mildewy or anything.

Smoking area/ ashtray could have been closer to the entrance, and maybe sheltered from the wind and rain a little. (The whole hotel is nonsmoking) As it is, there was evidence of other smokers besides myself, and they didn't bother to walk the 100 feet. So there are cigarette butts near the entrance. It could be avoided.

The staff was friendly but looked incredibly bored. Very quiet this weekend.

The breakfast food is standard HI Express - heavy on carbs. Plenty of choices for breads and cereals, cheese omelets, some bacon or sausage. HUGE plus to me that the coffee was available all day. I never needed to mess around with the dinky in-room coffeemaker. Free Wifi is a big plus, too.

My only complaint, and it's not one that can be fixed easily, is the room construction. The bathroom door is wiiiiide. So when it opens, it hits the corner of the closet. The closet could have been built literally an inch further in and the door would swing all the way open. As it is, you exit the bathroom and find yourself trapped between the entrance door, the bathroom, the bathroom door, and the wall. You must close the bathroom door to get into the room. Very weird.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2008

On my recent trip to Fresno, CA I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. This hotel is located with many other hotels in less than 1/4 of a mile. The hotel property itself is very clean as the hotel opened about a year ago. Front Desk Staff was not very helpful with our check in and didn't seem to offer what I would call quality customer service.

However our room was very nice. Rooms automatically come with a mini wet bar which consists of a microwave and a refrigerator, all of which you would have to pay extra for usually.

All Holiday Inn Express hotels do offer a free breakfast in the morning but I have to say this one lacks compared to others I have experienced. Eggs were cold and hard, muffins were hard, bacon was soggy, and the cereal was kind of stale.

With all the other properties in the area I would recommend going to a different hotel if you like to experience the luxuriousness and quality of a hotel.

• Liked — Location and Rooms
  • Disliked — Customer Service of Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Oakland, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stayed at this location twice. The first time was right after it opened. My TV remote didn't work and the ice machine on my floor didn't work. The manager explained that they were still working out the kinks since it had only been open a month. The next morning, I was unable to shower because there was no hot water. When I told them, they said that a couple of rooms had this problem, but, you know, they had just opened. I didn't ask for a discount, didn't complain. The next time my visit was very pleasant and I decided to make this the hotel I stayed at for my monthly trips to Fresno. The third time, I made a reservation. But, when I got to the hotel, I realized that I had left my drivers license at the office where I work at in Fresno. They wouldn't let me use my credit card without it. I offered to pay cash for the room but they wouldn't take that either. They had a policy that didn't allow this because people had damaged rooms and there was no way to get compensated. However, they also had two experiences with me and the same credit card to look at in their records. The manager refused to check their system. By this time it was late, and there were no more rooms available in that area so I had no choice but to drive home to Oakland, CA (3 hours away). I called the hotel several times to complain, I was so sure this was a mistake, but never got a call back. Would I ever stay there? NEVER AGAIN!!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Really poor customer service
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank tangentOakland
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2007

This HI Express is pretty new and is in good shape. The breakfast area is large and the rooms are clean. The swimming pool is on the small side & the rooms on the west side face the 41 freeway. If you can, request a room on the east side of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business