Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed June 16, 2012

On our stay in Fresno, Cheryl Wakefield, went above and beyond normal customer service, she made sure we had reservations at other Holiday Inns in Northern California, and helped us serveral more times with information when we called her, she is why we will always stay at Holiday Inn's whenever we travel, she is an outstanding employee, make sure you keep her.

Room Tip: Always stay at Holiday Inn's
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I spoke to Cheryl and shared this review with her. She expressed to me that it was a pleasure for her to serve you. On behalf of myself and my staff, we thank you for the reveiw and hope to see you again in fresno and under our roof.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I recently took my high school track team to Clovis for the California State Championship Meet, and we stayed at the HIE Riverpark. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. First of all, I unwittingly made reservations through a third party travel service, and was then told by the service that the types of rooms that I reserved a month earlier would not be available. In panic mode, I called the hotel directly, and the front desk manager Cheryl was happy to help me. She went out of her way to make sure that all in our were were set up with exactly the accomodations that we had requested. She truly went above and beyond on very short notice. The rest of the staff at the hotel werefriendly and eager to help, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the property is situated in a nice part of town with a huge mall and many dining options nearby. If you are traveling to Fresno, this is a great choice!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

On Behalf of my staff and myself we would like to thank you for taking the time to respond through this channel. We hope that we will see yourself and your team in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The hotel is located in a safe business area North of Fresno near Hwy 41. The lobby was clean and small. I arrived one hour before the check in time but they were able to give me a room right away. My room was clean. Room size was above average. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large. My only complaint about the bathroom was the shower. The water pressure was low. Very hard to control the hot/cold water. When you finally get the right temp for the water it turns hot or cold when you are in the middle of your shower. The hotel has free breakfast, free parking and free internet. The breakfast was OK, but after 3 days of the same I walked across the parking lot to the IHOP. The River Park shopping is just 5 minutes by car. The south entrance to Yosemite National Park is about one hour. Overall, this hotel is one of the best 3* hotels in the area. I had several friends staying at the not too far Country Inn and I was very glad I made my reservation with the Holiday Inn,

Room Tip: As always, stay away from rooms near elevator, vending machine or facing busy Hwy 41.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rueben2007
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to respond on tripadvisor. I want you to know that we have address the issue with the hot water, and we hope to see you again, Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I travel quite a bit for business and stay in a range of hotels coach to coast--in the past 15 months I have stayed here at HIE Fresno for over 4 1/2 months!

Each and every stay is just right. The staff is ultra friendly, helpful and pleasant. My room is always clean, good sized and just right.

If you need a nice place, clean amenities and a wonderful welcome, stay the night! Breakfast is always ready and plenty of food.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Suite was OK, bathroom floor was sticky, but BIG problem: LARGE Refer semi trucks are allowed to park in front of hotel, run the REFERS every 30 mins, and are extremely NOISEY. Hotel Manager says, "Trucks are parked on non-residential street, and are legal to run all night long". I recommend you find another place to stay if you want to sleep well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2012

So, this place has very few bathtubs so ask when you book. Rooms in ok condition. There were Cheerios under the desk and the couch clearly had bodily fluids stained on it. It was 10pm so I just didn't touch the couch since I was leaving early the next morning. If you like soft cozy beds do not stay here. Not being picky just realistic. They are crunchy rocks. All the furniture had chips in them and I wish I had stayed somewhere else. Hotel is directly on the freeway so dont be surprised. The hotel staff was very nice, helpful and friendly. Sadly I will not be back and would not recommend it! Way too expensive for the level of comfort.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank travelcouples
marksoares, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

I want you to know that your comment regarding your stay with us is greatly appreceiated. We at the Holiday Inn & Suites Riverpark pride ourselves in providing a positive experience for all of our guests and we value any comments a guest can give us to continue improving this experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Our stay was barely OK - bathroom had terrible lighting, desk chair was broken, carpets are dirty, we could smell and hear the people next door. breakfast is the usual junk - nothing that I would eat except maybe a banana. Staff was friendly and it is easy to find and get to

Room Tip: not facing highway
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gurufateh k

I am very glad that you shared our comments with us so that we can continue to improve our quality and a positive experience for our guests. We would like to hear from our guests at all times during each of their stays so that we can address any negitive or positive situations a guest may experience. It is our sincerest desire to get it right the first time, and we thank you for your comment.