“Ah, we had expectations.”

Woodward Regional Park
Ranked #3 of 54 things to do in Fresno
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I understand why locals anywhere and everywhere want to brag about the local people and places. We however, having had our expectations raised too high, felt let down.
It may have been transformed from a dreary, dry bluff, but...

1  Thank William J S

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Love living close to this park. Nice walking trails, great play places for children, and love attending some of the events at the outdoor venue inside the park. Have used this park for many years. Sometimes the restrooms need a little attention, but usually they are clean and well taken care of.

2  Thank Darlene H
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Wood Waard PArk Is A Great Place To Have A Picnic wit family n just hang out . take your kids to enjoy somme outside time . theres geese n also ducks place is just amazingly beautiful . theres alot of kid areas play grounds an a lake also for teens just to go n kick back . i been there many times wit friends and family its a great place to go when wantig to spend qualidy time with someone or ur family

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had picnics there, my sons tried to play with the ducks and geese. I have attended cross country races there. We have been to concerts and other events there. The Japanese gardens are spectacular. We have attended Christmas light displays there. I think it is a perfectly safe place BUT a mountain lion was spotted there last year and this year. For me that is a great thing. When I heard about it I went there in hopes of seeing one... no luck.

Again, I consider the place to be perfectly safe. There are adequate facilities for not only picnics BUT also larger gatherings with over-head cover and then there are the grilling opportunities.

I know many people who very happily jog, bicycle, and stroll there.

You can take your family there anytime of the year BUT Spring time is especially cool... just gotta check-out the Japanese gardens.

John

1  Thank John C
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Have been here maybe 3 times when visiting relatives and really enjoy going here for a run. The $5 is well worth it as you don't have people laying around everywhere like in other parks in CA which as a traveler is reassuring. A few ponds with ducks and many areas for kids to play. If you are into BMX or mountain biking this will be an awesome place for you to play. Will come again the next time I am in Fresno