“Can't believe we waited so long to come here!”
Review of Ripe Tomato - CLOSED

Ripe Tomato
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can't believe this gem has been here all these years and we just discovered it. My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here recently and let's just say, we'll be back! The atmosphere is really quite lovely and romantic. One entire wall is a window that allows natural light to seep into the dining room. The food from beginning to end was amazing. The Portobello Mushroom appetizer was wonderful, such a great way to start our meal. The salads were sizeable and the dressing was delicious. I had the Pork Tenderloin with coconut curry sauce and my husband had the Ahi Tuna. Both of our dishes were superb, the sauces alone could have been bottled and sold. The potatos, carrots and green beans were to die for. We highly recommend this restaurant and we simply cannot wait to return. Great job Ripe Tomato, thank you so much for such a memorable evening!

2  Thank californiawanderone

Reviewed November 5, 2012

my food was cooked to temp that I requested (med rare steak)service great needs more staff to not overwhelm servers & staff

Reviewed October 5, 2012

It is the best restaurant in Fresno! Quiet, excellent food, good ambiance, superior service. However, it is expensive count on $120 and up for two people, if you can afford it go! It is well worth the money.

2  Thank Jim W
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Food and service are the best in Fresno. I love their patio for evening dining and this restaurant has never disappointed us.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

It reminds me of a very upscale assisted living facility. Very peach, very 80's, clientele very old. Food is not classic french, more continental. Lots of heavy sauces that are not bad but not authentic either. Service was fine. Didn't like server reciting 7 specials instead of having them written down. Overpriced. You can do better in Fresno if you want high end cuisine.

2  Thank olddaddydude