“Lube, a needle and a cockroach. This place would place would scare a hooker.”
Review of Welcome Inn

Welcome Inn
and 1 more site!
Welcome Inn
Ranked #59 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Do not come here. Its not only uncomfortable but also a threat to your well being. Upon walking in we instantaneously smelt the uncleanliness. Very stuffy. We then turned the tv more towards the bed and noticed the used needle sitting there. At the same time my brother opened the drawer and noticed the open packet of spermicidal lube (to prevent unwanted child birth). I then informed the front desk and they gave us a new room. May as well have been the same one. No needles, but cockroaches. Tr blankets looked like they hadnt been washed. We had to gran our own blanket from the car and lay it on the bed. Worst night of sleep ive had in a long time. Shouldve slept in the car. DO NOT COME HERE

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank matthew w
There are newer reviews for Welcome Inn

Reviewed September 22, 2013

it is quite simple, DON'T STAY HERE, I had to stay one night and regret not staying at the rescue mission, really, the man at the front desk was a jerk, the room nasty, actually had hair blocking the shower, doors nasty, hadn't been dusted, beds awful, I couldn't give a worse review, also, we requested a smoking room and had to go buy air freshener. The place was flat out AWFUL! Wi fi barely works and I'll leave it at that.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mikefurches
Reviewed July 14, 2012

After traveling across the country on a camping trip, we decided to hotel one night. Worst decision of the trip. $40/night for a $750 theft. Hookers everywhere. I should have known to leave when they couldn't come up with 2 more towels for the room and brought 2 hand towels and some extra toilet paper and soaps. Very nice front desk lady, but she would have been nicer if she had told us to run away. Thieves broke into our top carrier on our car and stole a bag of shoes, dirty clothes, first aid kit, tent, and portable shower. Still keeps me up at night to know this happened to us.

Room Tip: If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and acts like a duck......
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank milleeb
Reviewed September 9, 2011

This place is located on the unofficial HOOKER STRIP for Fresno, right next to the freeway. When I drove past the front gates late afternoon on Labor Day, there were assorted shady characters hanging out on the street. (like 20 of them, some maybe homeless or druggies). Scared me so much that I would never stay here EVER. The Valley Inn is just down the street and I had good luck with that place last time, so I opted to stay there. All hotels on this street seem to be BUDGET oriented and since I am used to camping, I am just looking for a clean room and place to shower. Outta all the hotels on this street avoid the Welcome Inn!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank danamite
Reviewed June 3, 2010

It is the cheapest in town for a reason. Stay in back side with working women and drug dealers, stay in front with freeway noise and some of the others. The employees are rude and manager/owners are extremely rude, may be time to retire from business. Yes it is painted and holes covered up and looks nice but don't take shoes or socks off and walk on carpet, might as well go out on the asphalt your feet will be cleaner from that. Also be aware of the extra "deposits" for the room key and remotes, no issue getting money back on check out but if not expected on check in "Oh Well" is their attitude.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trock427
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I found this hotel online and it was quoted at $39 p/night but when we got there it was "biker weekend" so the price was double the regular rate! So being too tired to look for a place in an unfamiliar area, I rented it anyways, it was small, smelled, the bathroom door knob was off on the inside of door, trying to ignore the negative we decided to just watch t.v and try and relax then all of a sudden, a baby cockroach creeps from under the t.v! So if you dont mind the "extra" guests, it does come with a mini fridge and microwave and free WiFi. If this place was remodeled they didn't get to room 208. There was a drawer missing in the dresser, and graffiti in drawers. Like a lot of these other reviews, I also have stayed at other cheap hotels but have never had such a dirty place for such a unreasonable price. I complained about the drunken bikers being loud outside but because they are regulars my money wasn't as valued as theirs.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sylviaNjames
Reviewed February 5, 2010

with economy being so bad it was really good that we stayed,other older reviews made us leary ,but thank goodness we went,the rooms are newly painted,new bath fixtures,new beds,rooms are cozy and bright,tv's have alot of cable chanels.and priced cheaper than the dirty surrounding hotels

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple