“A good place to stay.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
CA
“A good place to stay.”
Reviewed September 27, 2007

Location is good right off the freeway. The hotel was clean and priced reasonably. The staff was friendly and courteous. Recommend this to other travelers.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
sacramento, ca
Reviewed September 25, 2007

if you are looking for value pricing with clean comfortable rooms then welcome inn would be my advise for fresno. its not holiday inn but if you are a frequent traver like my self to the area then this property do offer good value for your dollars.

reason why i keep going back is bcz they provide microwave and fridge at low rates and also provide wireless internet. staff is also very friendly and courteous.

• Liked — Location on hwy99
  • Disliked — properties next to the hotel can use improvments
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank mug2666
LA, CA
Reviewed September 25, 2007

hotel is located on highway 99 , great location to access both Yosemite and Sequoia parks. its not the greatest neighbourhood but the hotel accomadations are above avg for the price of $39.99. most of the hotels are in 60 plus range in fresno area. i would def stay again.

• Liked — afforadable room rates
  • Disliked — neighbourhood
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank jash_34
San Diego, CA
Reviewed March 20, 2007

Not only did the room stink of cigarette smoke, but in the middle of the night I recieved a phone call on the room line. "What are you doing tonight?" asked the man on the other end. "Trying to sleep" I told him. He then asked me if I wanted to have some "fun." I asked him who the hell he was and he hung up.

I would think that this was a simple wrong room number but the man was clearly talking to someone he didn't know, and yet was not surprised at all to hear that I was male. Obviously there are some low-lives keeping track of who checks into which room - perhaps even the owners themselves, that's my theory at least. I did see numerous prostitutes on the street outside, but I hardly expected to have someone try to entice me into joining.

As for the argument that "you shouldn't complain for 35 dollars" - I travelled across the country for three months, only staying in the lowest priced places, and never had anything even remotely resembling this situation happen. There is a motel in Portland that was 25 dollars, with faster internet and clean rooms (and of course, no creepy phone calls).

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank magatsu
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2006

This is the worst hotel I ever stayed in. Old, dirty and ----ing. None of my family memeber would take a shower in the "colorful" bathroom. Avoid this one.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Braunschweig, Germany
Reviewed June 25, 2006

Being on a road trip to the Californian National Parks, we needed to have a stopover in Fresno, as all accomodations in the park areas were full. All we wanted was a simple, clean room and the Welcome Inn's own description is 'nice clean rooms'.

We were a little skeptical about the low price, but the only existing review on Tripadvisor stated that the reviewer indeed found a clean and simple room. Since most other places in Fresno were full, we went for the Welcome Inn.

The place is located in a shabby area of Fresno. It is run down and dirty. We did not take a shower, despite a 105 degree day outside, because of mold in the bathroom. The bathtub, the carpet and the chairs looked dirty, the wallpaper was torn at the bottom, one of the beds was more like a hammock and there was an ashtray in the non-smoking room - well, we did not look too closely at the other details, as we just wanted to get some sleep without dreaming about ugly details of the room.

The TV set did not work and there was no remote control - we were told that "this is the one thing we do not have, remotes..." The only positive note was that the internet worked fine.

We probably got what we paid for, but if you want a nice and clean place, look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank dl2hbx
davis, ca
Reviewed April 15, 2006

This wasn't the Hilton, but for $35.00 I got a clean room, alot of TV channels and good free high speed internet. I'll defintely return again

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business