“Terrible”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Fresno, California, United States
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were there with a group of 6 at the back of the room. The room was freezing, and we asked if the fans could be turned down, the reply from the waitress was that it would be hot as hades if she turned it off "that's what sucks about being a small place" is what she said. My minestrone soup was served cold, and consisted of clear broth, cabbage, a few carrots and potatoes.They replaced it with a warm soup, but it was terrible! When I told the waitress that it didn't taste good and that it wasn't actually minestrone, I was told that's how they make it there. Apparently it's an Irish/Italian place... I expect that soup served with corned beef and a Guinness! Melon and prosciutto was not available because it isn't melon season, but we were served caprese salad with out of season tomatoes. I will not return. So not worth the prices!

• Visited March 2013

Fresno, California
“Great Local Family Owned Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This has be a fine Italian food restaurant for many years. It has be operated by Frank P. and his family since it was opened. They have added a bar and entertainment for everyone's pleasure.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Tom L
San Francisco, California
“Don't go with a group”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had the lamb lollipops as a main course which are usually seen on menus as an appetizer, however four nice sized chops arrived perfectly cooked. I was wondering how they turned out to my liking because i realized the server didn't even ask how I wanted them cooked.
My husband wanted his rib eye rare, stressing "rare". Unfortunately it took three attempts to get it right. The third time it was right on. He was happy but it's never any fun to be the one in a group sitting there with no plate.
Our entrees were served with a bland mix of broccoli and carrots that looked like they were literally thrown on the plates. The huge slices of carrots were hard. The salads were about as unimaginative as they could be, like they came right from a pre-mix bag and served. I might've liked some blue cheese sprinkled on my salad but was not even given a choice of dressings at all. We were in a group, but still, really? I don't get a choice of dressing?
I won't even go there with the plain white bread.
The one server accommodating our group did a great job I must say and was very nice.
So, step it up on the sides and we'll give you another try!

• Visited October 2012
Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,212 helpful votes
“Better than the average Italian restaurants in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Well, I do know about Italian food for 2 big reasons, one I cook Italian food and two because I have lived in Italy and I will say this place cook about 70% Italian and 30 american, what to expect in Fresno right? They have good selection of wines specially because of the food, now on that I'm happy, the only bad part of this was the service! Only 2 times saw the waitress, the busser and the exp were taking care of us. Maybe if they get people who are more into giving service would be better. Hope to see an improvement for next time I go back.

6 Thank MONTYHADES
Fresno, California
“Mixed reaction from our group”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

One can overlook slow service if the food is worth waiting for. Unfortunately, our group of seven didn't agree on the taste and quality of our food. Between us, we had six different orders. At this point I'm sure they are known for certain dishes and others not so much. I would try Ovidio's one more time, but, would not be expecting great results.

• Visited July 2012