“A last minute choice”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Fresno's restaurants this particular day had over 1 hr wait. Decided to try Macaroni Grill....the waiting line was out to the door, yet when there were at least 20 tables empty...when I asked the hostess she replied " we do not have enough servers", we still waited over 45 minutes. The food was typical Macaroni grill, the waiter was polite and did the best he could with the amount of people they needed to serve.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Restaurant was not busy at all. The waiter was prompt taking are orders, but after the food was delivered, couldn't find him to get drink refills. Waited way too long for the bill. Had to stand up and wave him down. Food was good. I recommend the ceasar salad, the bread was warm & fresh. However, I have been to this chain of restaurants before in other states, and they always put spices & olive oil on the plate to dip the bread in, this didn't happen at this Fresno restaurant. The chicken parm was good, not the best I have had. I did not care for the macaroni & cheese bites, but my son did. Probably would not go back.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spur of the moment choice for dinner never been to before restaurant. Never really heard of for that matter. I understand its an Italian chain restaurant. It was pretty busy but seating was fairly quick so I was pleasently surprized. The decor was nice. I liked the open kitchen and rustic villa feel it gives. However, seating arrangement needs to be revised. It just felt to cluttered and one can hardly hear themselves think let along converse with others at the table. The waiteress we had was wonderful and attentive but not overbearing. So with a busy night she did very well.
I must say that the roll of herb bread they serve was excellent as if it had just been pulled out of the oven. It was still warm and aromatic with a slight brushing of olive oil. For the appetizers we decided on the macaroni bites and bruschetta. I really enjoyed the macaroni bites which were little cheese macaroni balls covered in bread crumbs, very delightful. As for the bruschetta, there isn't much to say but disappointed. It appears that the bruschetta was something of a lost art for the kitchen. One can not simply call overloading a slice of buttered french bread with diced tomatoes and no seasoning bruschetta. It seems like that was a last minute tossed together idea with no real taste. Not impressed! The main course was the pan seared pork chop. It was pleasing but not really something to be memorable of. It was somewhat moistly tender with the remaining covered up by the sauce covering the bland taste.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This visit was off the chart, only the wrong way. The service was some of the worst we have experienced. There was a group of nine of us, two meals were wrong, we had to asked twice for our 6 appetizers, 4 arrived and 1 of them came after our entries were delivered, the other appetizer never did show up. Seven of us had salads, 1 never arrived. The quality of the food spoke for itself, no one finished their meal. This used to be an acceptable and reasonable restaurant for a chain. But the service and the food made up my mind to never return. Oh yes, from the time we ordered to when we received our entries, 1 Hour and 10 minutes. It is a very large venue, and there were 4 other tables of 4 to 6 people at each, not acceptable.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Macaroni Grill is an Italian chain restaurant, so you won't find anything homemade, made from scratch, or made with love here.

I've only visited this chain twice because I was never impressed with the entrees they offered. The second time I visited it was just because it was a busy graduation weekend and I needed to find a restaurant that could seat my party of 8 quickly.

I don't have any specific horrible experiences to report, but I can honestly say that there's a 98% chance I won't return back to this chain again.

1  Thank BuddhaInHeels

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!