“Pleasent but not special”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #319 of 1,124 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Pleasent but not special”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spur of the moment choice for dinner never been to before restaurant. Never really heard of for that matter. I understand its an Italian chain restaurant. It was pretty busy but seating was fairly quick so I was pleasently surprized. The decor was nice. I liked the open kitchen and rustic villa feel it gives. However, seating arrangement needs to be revised. It just felt to cluttered and one can hardly hear themselves think let along converse with others at the table. The waiteress we had was wonderful and attentive but not overbearing. So with a busy night she did very well.
I must say that the roll of herb bread they serve was excellent as if it had just been pulled out of the oven. It was still warm and aromatic with a slight brushing of olive oil. For the appetizers we decided on the macaroni bites and bruschetta. I really enjoyed the macaroni bites which were little cheese macaroni balls covered in bread crumbs, very delightful. As for the bruschetta, there isn't much to say but disappointed. It appears that the bruschetta was something of a lost art for the kitchen. One can not simply call overloading a slice of buttered french bread with diced tomatoes and no seasoning bruschetta. It seems like that was a last minute tossed together idea with no real taste. Not impressed! The main course was the pan seared pork chop. It was pleasing but not really something to be memorable of. It was somewhat moistly tender with the remaining covered up by the sauce covering the bland taste.

• Visited December 2012

Ferndale, Washington
“Highly disappointed”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This visit was off the chart, only the wrong way. The service was some of the worst we have experienced. There was a group of nine of us, two meals were wrong, we had to asked twice for our 6 appetizers, 4 arrived and 1 of them came after our entries were delivered, the other appetizer never did show up. Seven of us had salads, 1 never arrived. The quality of the food spoke for itself, no one finished their meal. This used to be an acceptable and reasonable restaurant for a chain. But the service and the food made up my mind to never return. Oh yes, from the time we ordered to when we received our entries, 1 Hour and 10 minutes. It is a very large venue, and there were 4 other tables of 4 to 6 people at each, not acceptable.

• Visited November 2012
California
“Hit and miss...”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Macaroni Grill is an Italian chain restaurant, so you won't find anything homemade, made from scratch, or made with love here.

I've only visited this chain twice because I was never impressed with the entrees they offered. The second time I visited it was just because it was a busy graduation weekend and I needed to find a restaurant that could seat my party of 8 quickly.

I don't have any specific horrible experiences to report, but I can honestly say that there's a 98% chance I won't return back to this chain again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank BuddhaInHeels
Fresno, California
“Careless Staff”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just returned home from eating and my wife and I were extremely disappointed. My wife ordered a butternut squash special and I ordered the Mama's trio. Our food took quite a long time to come after we ordered and when we recieved it, it was stone cold! All except for my chicken which was really hot. One possibility it seems to us was that the cooks burned the original piece of chicken and had to make another one all while the rest of our food sat out. Further I am quite sure that the server knew what happened as he never came to check on us to see how things were until he came to take our plates. When we told him what had happened, he casually just sad sorry and walked away like he could of not cared less. Needless to say we will find a different place to eat next time and reccommend to all our friends and family that they do the same.

• Visited November 2012
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Average italian chain”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The food here is not my favorite, but when a friend comes into town requesting this place, I gotta take them. Its consistent chain food.

Visited April 2012