“Clean, Pleasant, Great complimentary conveniences”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have to stay here once a month for business. I was pleasantly surprised on my first visit. The rooms are clean, the amenities are good, the complimentary evening mixer and breakfast are good. The offer free baked cookies, coffee, tea, newspaper, WiFi. Renovated and modern interiors.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We arrived at this hotel late. The hotel had a low occupancy and getting a room was no problem, but the girl at the front desk did not read my profile. As a Hilton Honors member I do not expect to get a room near the elevator or ice maker. Even though this is on my profile that is exactly the room they assigned me. The next room was an adjoining room, and again I had to go back and get another room. The hotel had a low occupancy rate, and did not understand why they assigned me these rooms. The 3 rd room was a suite, which was fine until we went to bed around 10:30, the people in the next room got noisy and let's just say I'm glad I did not have kids with me to explain what was going on. My husband went to the front desk to report the "noise" but it continued after a 10 minute break. We got up and checked out at 11 pm. This is not acceptable for a Hampton Inn.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
NickiP2216, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear vacationlady1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel upon traveling to Fresno. As a Hilton Honors member we strive to make your experience the best possible and I am terribly disappointed to hear that we have failed to meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my most sincere apologies for failing to accommodate your room requests and for the noise you expereienced from your neighbors. It appears we fell considerably short in our efforts to provide the service and accommodations you have come to expect from Hampton. I value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback, and I assure you your remarks have been shared with the appropriate staff members to ensure the incidents you've described will not happen again. We hope you will give us another try so we may demonstrate our commitment to your loyalty of the Hilton Brand. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss your experience in further detail or to book another reservation. Thank you again for your comments and I wish you all the best in your future travels.

Warm Regards,
Nicki Passeggi, Assistant General Manager
(559) 447-5900 x525
nicki.passeggi@hilton.com

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. Everything went well from check-in through check-out. The breakfast was always fresh and being refilled when low. The breakfast staff was very friendly and made conversation and seemed genuinely happy to be interacting with the guests. The front-desk staff was always friending (saying hello/goodbye/goodevening) as we walked thru the lobby. The hotel was very clean...and no problems. Yes...it has those annoying below-window-air-conditioning units...and they do make noise...but it was not awful. This is a great Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel, staff and breakfast was great. Room were roomy and very nice.. The only thing was the bathroom tub was not clean there was hair in it and the air conditioning was loud.. Other than that everything was great and we would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I haven't written a Trip Advisor review in a long time (I used to be so good about writing them but for the past year or so I haven't written a single one even though my husband and I still stay at a ton of hotels).

The Hampton Inn & Suites in Fresno (off Herndon) has inspired me to come out of 'review hibernation' and write a review because this hotel truly exceeded my expectations!

We travel to Fresno a few times a year to visit family and since Fresno doesn't have a Hyatt or W/Westin (which are normally our hotels of choice) we normally choose whatever hotel is the least expensive but in a nice area (North Fresno by River Park).

This Hampton Inn & Suites was the least expensive hotel in the area by about $20 a night. It looked ok online and got good Trip Advisor reviews.

When we arrived at the hotel I was impressed at the nice, well lit parking lot.

Check in was a breeze and the lady (Jessica) was extremely nice and helpful.

Even though it was over Labor Day weekend, we still were able to get our ideal room (quiet, high floor, away from elevator - we stayed in room 419).

We were impressed how clean and updated the rooms were! They had comfortable beds, a desk with chair, lounge chair, flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator complete with a complementary bottle of water.

When we arrived we also helped ourselves to the fresh baked free chocolate chip cookies.

There were nice vending machines in addition to a gift shop (snacks, candies - I was impressed they had a large variety of TV dinners for the in-room microwave, toiletries, etc.) that was located in the lobby and open 24-hours! How convenient!

We were especially impressed with the complimentary breakfast! They had a huge selection and the nicest man (I forget his name) manning the breakfast area. There were plenty of tables and chairs to sit at as well as to store our luggage since we were eating before checking out. The food selection was extraordinary and better than most complementary hotel breakfasts! They had fresh make your own waffle station, oatmeal, bagels, toast, hard-boiled eggs, a large selection of cereals, fresh fruit, 2 different varieties of yogurt, flavored potatoes, sausage, omelets, and many different muffins and pastries. It was an impressive assortment and tasted delicious! The best part was that (unlike other hotels) we didn't have to book an upgraded room rate to get the complimentary breakfast nor be an elite Hilton member: the breakfast is free for everyone staying at the hotel!

Like I mentioned before, I was so impressed with this hotel that it inspired me to write a review on Trip Advisor despite not making the time to do so in over a year. This hotel was truly extraordinary at the best price in the area. When we come to Fresno we will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Stay on the opposite side from the freeway - it overlooks a business parking lot and is very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family chooses Hampton Inn whenever possible. The staff at the Front Desk were exceptionally nice. Room was clean and outdoor pool and pool area kept very nice. Breakfast was one of the best we ever had at this chain.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great location and great staff in Fresno area. We had a n appointmnent in Fowler so this Hampton made the trip very nice. Good service at the breakfast bar; helpful and interested. Very Pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business