New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, United States
“Excellent Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I travel for a living. Stay 200+ nights a year on the road. My arrival experience at this hotel was by far the best I have ever experienced. The staff was very courteous and made my wife and I feel very welcome. I believe they were truely happy to have us. The rooms were very clean and updated. A+

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Alameda, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at Hampton Inn for a brief visit last month and were impressed by the comfortable beds, the nice pool and spa, and the breakfast & coffee which was provided. Most of all, though, we were impressed by the friendly and outstanding staff. Right when we were about to leave, we found that our car wouldn't start. We were on a timetable and what could have been a very stressful situation turned out fine thanks to the great staff (Lilia, and especially Calvin, who had a hand-held charger and started the car right up). We cannot thank him enough for his cheerful assistance. We hope to stay here again when we are in the area.
- Marilee.

Lodi, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was in Fresno for business and spent four nights at the Hampton. We had meetings, a reception, and a hotel full of baseball coaches. Sara, Shelie and the a host of other staff members were All Stars. They were able to trouble shoot some issues, be helpful at every turn and personable to boot. A great experience for a business trip or just personal travel. The property was clean and well maintained. We have used this hotel before and will use it again for our meetings and as our State Tournament headquarters. The positive attitude of the staff makes our experience enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Diamond Bar, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel and its outgoing and courteous staff made for a very comfortable and memorable weekend. The complimentary morning breakfast was very satisfying; and I will certainly suggest to all I know, to stay there when they travel to Fresno.

anaheim hills, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The staff here are always friendly. The hotel is super clean and my room smelled so amazingly fresh and clean this time. If you're an Honors member, they also put a bottle of water in the fridge and it's such a welcome touch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Pros: the staff is friendly. There is a "manager's reception" in the evening with drinkable wine made at Fresno State (at least on the 2 weekdays I was there). There is a hot breakfast, free newspapers, and the eating/lounge area is pleasant. WiFi is free. Cons: I had a housekeeping issue (which was handled promptly when I mentioned it on my way out one evening). The room could have been cleaner. I noticed 2 things. (1) In the place where the carpet meets the bathroom floor, there was a fair amount of "dirt" in the corners/cracks. (2) When I had to put in a new roll of TP, I noticed that the back of the TP holder was quite nasty. The HVAC unit is in the window. When the A/C compressor comes on, it is very loud (as is a bad-night-sleep loud). The rooms face east or west. In the summer, I suspect that the rooms on the west side get really hot. There are no trees to create any shade. There is no place within walking distance to eat, except Chili's (sp??), where the laminated menus at the bar are sticky (ick). Across the street from this motel are a Holiday Inn Express and a La Quinta. A couple of comparable brand-name-motel-lite places are within a three block radius. I don't understand why Fresno @ 41/Herdon/Shaw does not have anything even one notch higher end (say a real Holiday Inn or a Hilton Garden Inn) .... I stayed here because I'm Hilton silver. I will probably stay again when I am in the area for business but only because I doubt anything nearby is any better.

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing west in the summer (if I recall correctly, west facing room have even numbers)