“Another good experience, almost”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
San Diego CA
“Another good experience, almost”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have stayed at this property a number of times, but not for the last 12 months. The hotel is always "up to" Hampton standards. We checked in late, around 10:30, but our room was waiting for us (but the cookies were not). The only issue was at breakfast time. There was a huge bus group staying at the hotel and they all descended on the breakfast at exactly the same time, so getting breakfast and finding a table was next to impossible. Staff mentioned that there was a secondary room where we could eat, but it was uninviting and across and down the hall. We waited for the room to clear and then got our breakfast. If I was the manager of this hotel, I would have set up the group in the room across the hall and left the breakfast room for the rest of the guests, rather than the other way around. I guess that the group was more important to the hotel because they took up so many rooms, but it left everyone else lost in the confusion. I will say that the staff was most accommodating as they tried their best to keep everyone happy. The hotel is easy to see from the road, but a bit hard to access due to center medians. Travelling east from the freeway, you have to pass the hotel and turn left on the next roadway and then pass the hotel, make another left and find your way in. A bit tricky.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nadojeff
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear nadojeff,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor, as your comments are extremely helpful in improving our guest experience. We appreciate your loyalty and your numerous stays here at our hotel in Fresno. I am actually responsible for booking the large groups, so I am terribly sorry to hear that it seemed the other guests were not as important. Please let me assure you that this is not the case, and with your feedback I will work hard to make sure this kind of situation does not happen again. I am happy to hear that the breakfast staff were friendly and accommodating in the midst of the rush. Again, I truly apologize for the inconvenience that morning and hope to be able to serve you in the future with the excellence you deserve at Hampton hotels. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can rectify your stay in any way.

Nicki.Passeggi@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had a suite which was a very nice room with good space to unpack, move about and a good desk to work at. The bed provided for a great sleep, clean bathroom, good amenities. Breakfast area comfortable and coffee was good. Will use again if in Fresno

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dorvin S,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to hear that your family enjoyed the accommodations and the breakfast experience. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno for your hotel needs and we look forward to your return!

Ridgecrest, CA
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We continually had troubly with our keys, and kept having to go to the desk to get them rekeyed, and every morning it sounded like a herd of horses were going by our door because we were on the ground floor by the exit. The free breakfast consisted of cardboard food and nasty tasty orange juice. I didn't taste the other juices. My husband said the coffee wasn't great. The beds were confortable and the rooms were clean. What little interaction I had with the personnel was not very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms near the ground floor exits. 126 and `127 for sure unless you get up really ear...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nicki P, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear jewelcree18,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to express my most sincere apologies, as we fell considerably short in providing you with the service and experience you should expect from a Hampton Inn. Your constructive feedback has been shared with the appropriate departments and I can assure you that we will use your comments as an improvement tool to better our hotel and staff. I am happy to hear that your room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (559) 447-5900 should you wish to discuss the situation in more depth. I hope to be able to provide you with a more positive experience the next time your travels bring you to Fresno. Thank you again for your review and enjoy the rest of your summer.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Room was small and dark. Pillows had an odor--sweat? Carpet dirty. Staff not particularly helpful. Very noisy early in the morning when the trash was collected from the other businesses. Nothing close enough to walk to. Very small pool. Breakfast was good. Overall, a big disappointment compared with other Hampton Inns. When in the Madera/Fresno area I usually stay at the Madera Hampton Inn, which is a bit of a drive, but oh, so worth it. Also the Homewood Suites are very nice in Fresno. I wouldn't stay at the Fresno Hampton Inn again. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the back side of the hotel, noisy trash collection at neighboring business a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jbsol
Shelie G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Jbsol,

I truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to complete a review regarding your past stay with the Hampton Inn and Suites in Fresno. Your genuine feedback is the best tool we have to help us in providing the highest level of comfort and service that our guests, like yourself, expect and deserve.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies. From your comments, we fell considerably short in providing you the service and accommodations you have come to expect from Hampton. We value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback. I assure you your remarks have been shared with the appropriate staff members to ensure the incidents you've described will not happen again.

Should you have any questions or require additional assistance please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Respectfully,

Shelie Green
(559) 447-5900
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

We're on our way from LA to Yosemite and stayed here on our way. This place is nice, clean, and seems very new. They host a great free happy our with local wine and cheap beer. Apps were greasy but to be expected. They also offer free breakfast with a waffle machine. Overall great place and would stay again for sure.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nicki P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Grier R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed the evening reception. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno! Happy travels!

Warm Regards,

Director of Sales
559-447-5900
nicki.passeggi@hilton.com
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This Hampton was a mixture of good and not-so-good. The staff is what makes the place enjoyable. We stayed two nights last weekend. After a misunderstanding when I reserved the room, we were transferred to a room suitable for the size of our family. However, noone mentioned that we'd have to move to a different room the 2nd night, which was very inconvenient and unexpected. Had we been told, things would have gone MUCH smoother with a lot LESS stress. The breakfast was okay. Again, it was the staff at the breakfast area that made it pleasant. We were there during a very busy weekend, but still found it strange that there were people "partying" in the parking lot. Barbeque and all. Which would have been okay, had they not thrown two HUGE pieces of something (meat?) onto the main sidewalk. Yes. You actually had to avoid walking on the meat (?) they discarded. So gross! We also had a party taking place in the room next to us on the 1st night. I mean a LOUD party. The guests even brought in their own speakers!! Why this was allowed, I have NO idea. We smelled cigarette and pot smoke all night. Along with LOUD music and voices. So, no sleep for this mama. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank redreader36
Shelie G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Redreader36

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your comments are one of the best tools we have for maintaining the highest level of comfort and service our guests expect and deserve.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies. From the nature of your comments, it appears we fell considerably short in our efforts to provide the service and accommodations you have come to expect from Hampton. We value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback. I assure you your remarks have been shared with the appropriate management to ensure the incidents you've described will not happen again.

Again, I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to serving you in the near future with the excellence you have come to expect from Hampton. Should you have any questions or if we can rectify your stay in any way please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Respectfully,

Shelie Green
(559) 447-5900
shelie.green@hilton.com
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Fresno, CA was a bit of a disappointment. It is about 7 miles off the I-5 with not much surrounding it. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and, after a long day of driving were looking forward to their Manager's Cocktail hour where the Hampton generally serves a little wine/beer and some nacho's. Apparently that doesn't happen on weekends, not that I ever considered Friday to be a weekend.
We sat outside by their teeny pool for a bit and wanted to relax in the hot tub but it was shut down for repairs.
The room was clean, however, the furniture and carpet were not in the best shape. There was no bathtub, just a shower stall.
Since I had always thought of a Hampton Inn to be a little better than Holiday Inn Express, I was quite disillusioned. The Holiday Inn Express was just down the road and a lot cheaper.
The breakfast was nice, with a big bowl of fresh fruit and the normall fare of breakfast bars.
The desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank molley59
nickipasseggi, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Molley59,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding the experience you’ve had during your past stay. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t to your complete satisfaction. I want to assure you that your remarks have been shared with the appropriate staff members to work to improve our services. I'm glad to hear that the staff was friendly and next time we would be happy to provide you with information about the many area attractions and restaurants we have nearby. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and look forward to serving you in the near future with the excellence you have come to expect from Hampton Inns.
Warm Regards,