“Fabulous dinner! One of the best EVER in Fresno!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sacramento, California
“Fabulous dinner! One of the best EVER in Fresno!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was in Fresno on business and read reviews of restaurants looking for a special place as it was my co-workers birthday. I called to make reservations and mentioned it was a birthday dinner. The whole experience was over the top. They actually had a special table set with birthday confetti and was specially decorated. Both the FOOD and SERVICE was over the top! We started with the sautéed edamame (delicious) and each had a fabulous meal. The polenta salad and the salmon BLT were wonderful. The chef came out to tell my co worker happy birthday as well.

It was evident the majority of folks eating were regulars as they greeted as if they come often but the service was an A+ so maybe they treated everyone that way!

Give it a try....I will bet you it will not disappoint you! I told all my clients about it today (as I dined there on 7/30/14) that they need to try it tonight

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sara D

Fresno, California
“Why haven't I heard of this place?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The only thing this place is lacking is ambience which isn't horrible but isn't the best. The food is delicious. The house dressing, a creamy pesto, is good. I had the shrimp creole alfredo which I inhaled in a few minutes. My wife had the pepper crusted NY strip with creamy garlic mashed potatoes and it did not dissapoint. Of course we had to get the Coconut Cake which lives up to all the other stellar reviews. It is a must. We also had the banana cream tart which was good too. Friendly waitstaff and a nice beer/wine selection. I urge you to try this place if you haven't.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Timmy485
California
“Excellent food "but we had to hunt for it"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went to this restaurant based on local advice and tripadvisor. After looking at their menu, we decided to go elsewhere. The waiter was understandably concerned. He said "what's wrong." I said that the menu was not reflective of a fine restaurant with a high rating. The starters, salads, sandwiches and entrees were all on two pages, small type, and not attractive for the ratings for the establishment. We then asked him to tell us about the entrees. His descriptions were very inviting. I decided to the a creole pasta dish upon which a filet of salmon was overlaid. My wife had clam linguini. The food was outstanding, especially my creole dish. It was to die for, and my wife's clam dish was not far behind it. For desert we had Coconut cake, made by the waiter's mother (it is a family fun place), which was outstanding, and we don't normally like Coconut cake!

So what was wrong. Simply put, the menu was similar to what we would find in a much lower scale cafe, with little sense of what the entrees were. If it were not for the waiter carefully describing the items we would be gone. So we had a frank discussion with the waiter afterward, who did a fine job when were ready to leave. We said that the menu far far below the food served, and needed a complete re-do. Bottom line, if the menu well represented the fine food, we would give this place 5 stars.

4 Thank johnmicroburst
Atlanta, Georgia
“I second the "5-Star Restaurant at 3-Star Prices" Expertly prepared food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

On the way back from a trip to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, my mom and I stopped by Cafe Via for dinner on the advice of the below reviews from TripAdvisor (and because they were open at 4pm). Best decision we made during the entire trip!

We wanted good quality food at a reasonable prices after being ripped off time and time again at Ahwahnee restaurant at Yosemite. We were expecting an average but tasty meal at Cafe Via, but we received five star sauces, tender steaks, creative and unexpected salads, and home made deserts. In other words, our food was 5-star quality and not in any way average. Of course, they don't have the Ahwhnee grand dining room, but Cafe Via seems to be family owned, and the care they put into their restaurant is very noticeable.

We highly recommend Cafe Via, and we believe that if you try it, you'll be surprised and delighted.

4 Thank V0V0
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service for reasonable price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We ordered pasta and pepper steak and both were delicious.

In the wine list you can find a few selected items from all over the world.

What makes this restaurant exepcional is very friendly staff.

1 Thank Honza84