“Don't go here!”

Golden Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 1,136 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had dinner just now with family. Really busy with 3 waitresses for dinner rush, how can any manager/ owner allow that, anyhow the waitress was in a hurry after making us wait literally 25 min and had the gall to roll her eyes. Food was burnt and bland and greasy. It all tasted the same. We had the #2 family style dinner and seemed like less food. Thank goodness because the food is disgusting. Sorry was really bad. They were quicker to take my money than my order. Never be back again!

There are newer reviews for Golden Restaurant

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food is always good, especially the chow mein. Sometimes the service is a bit slow if they are busy, but it is still friendly service. I would recommend. matter of fact, I got to this review page while looking up their phone number so I can order some soup for a sick friend!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We frequent Golden Restaurant at least twice a week and order our favorites family style: sizzling rice soup, almond chicken chow mein and green beans with chicken over pan fried noodles. In our book, this is the best Chinese food in town!

2  Thank gferrer54
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We've eaten here many times, and realized I had never written a review. Their food is very good, not exotic Chinese style, but Chinese-American with several great dishes that are unique. The Golden chicken is rich and wonderfully esasoned. They probably have the best BBQ pork I've ever encountered. In season we special order Asperagras Beef in black bean sauce, on panfried noodles...unreal!
Their standard lunch accompaniment pork chow mein is simple but appealing with good ingredients. Price is reasonable, get there early at lunch for best service...they get busy.

1  Thank JGRFresno_Ca
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I grew up in Toronto (which has a huge Chinese population) and also spent several years in the Bay Area, so I have had a lot of Chinese Food in my lifetime. With that said, Golden has WITHOUT A DOUBT the best Chow Mein I have ever had. I can't comment on the service...I live 3 blocks away and order for pickup. The takeout portions are huge and very reasonably priced. I (and my four-legged food critic friend) highly recommend the food.