“friendly in Fresno”

Cuisines: American
Wellington, New Zealand
“friendly in Fresno”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Lost in Fresno on the way back from King's Canyon, we found this place with our hungry 4 year old at about 7.30 pm. The friendly floor manager had us served rapidly, and as a bonus were complimentary miniburgers on arrival - delicious. The food was very reasonably priced and tasted great. We were very pleased to find a child-friendly place like this, and highly recommend it.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank wellyontour

Oak Park, California
“Oops!”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were a party of six for breakfast on a Sunday morning. They were not exceptionally busy and were seated immediately. We all ordered and after over a half hour later the food began arriving. My order was incorrect, it was supposed to be eggs scrambled with avocado, bacon and Jack cheese. Instead it was some dry looking scrambled eggs with melted jack cheese on top. I sent it back for a remake. The waiter apologized after making a mild joke about him drinking too much vodka the night before. Again I waited for the food to arrive. Finally after another 15 to 20 minutes I went to the desk and cancelled the order. Another in our party ordered just a simple buttered toasted croissant. He got this almost 20 minutes after everyone else had been served. The waiter again made a "vodka drinking" joke, but by now the humor was quite lost. Finally he brought us the check which he explained he had reduced to $20 because of all the mistakes. I feel that I not only blame the kitchen for their slowness but also the waiter, who should have been checking on our foods progress (or lack thereof). The others in our party who did receive their food were satisfied but not impressed. There were two eggs benedicts, a special 'meat lovers' omellette and just plain scrambled egg substitute (which we believe was actually real eggs.) Like I said earlier, this restaurant was not particularly busy for a Sunday morning. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Our whole experience here lasted around two horrible hours.

• Visited July 2011
Laguna Beach, California
“Great find”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I was in town for a conference and decided to give Irene's a try and was pleasantly surprised. I went for lunch so I ordered one of their recommended sandwiches that had cream cheese on it. I eat sandwiches regularly and have not had a sandwich like this. It was very good. For a side I got the Macaroni salad which was nothing special. This restaurant is in the Tower District of Fresno. They carry Thrifty's ice cream which I believe now is served at Rite-Aid. I had a scoop of the chocolate ice cream with their homemade warm cherry pie which was very good.

The restaurant is not large, and when I arrived I waited a few minutes before I was acknowledged. The staff is friendly and attentive and I would recommend this place for lunch or breakfast. I cannot make a recommendation for dinner as I have not dined with Irene's Cafe at dinner yet...

• Visited February 2011
fresno
“Great Food and Family like service”
Reviewed January 12, 2010

First off My Husband and I go to Irene's every time we can have a lil extra money , Their food is always top knotch can be a lil pricey but what is'nt now a days . The service there is unique and very original from girls with tattoos all over their arms who are so sweet and real to the hilarious red haired greeter who takes you to your table. remember this is the Tower Distict , personally it is the best part of fresno with the most culture . We have never had a bad experience. anyone who wants to have great meal and a REAL family atmosphere. this is the place

fresno ca
“Went back.”
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I always get really rude or inattentive service when I come here. The food is okay.

Been to Irene's Cafe? Share your experiences!