“Like walking into the 80's”
Review of The Lime Lite

The Lime Lite
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lime Lite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,136 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shaw and Palm
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We went to "The Lime Lite" for my birthday. We had always wanted to try it and thought we'd give it a go. Honestly, it was like walking onto the set of "Magnum P.I." The interior is dated and so is the menu.

I am sure they have kept their clientele coming back for years. In fact, most customers were older. My husband and I are not. Next time we'll go back to our usual spot in the Tower...

1  Thank Mightymommy3
There are newer reviews for The Lime Lite

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Reminded me of a long closed place in Shreveport, LA .. Sansone's. ... dark, brick walls, good food and a classic feel.

The wedge salad was a clue this was authentic and not a recent convert to serving trendy. Plus there was a topping for an 95 cents of local raisins, tomatoes, and some kind of seeds.

Menu items were not nouvelle or trendy but classic and good. . . I splurged on fried chicken that was really good. . . .

Too bad desserts were not homemade so I passed.

A good place to get the feel of how it once was. . . .

1  Thank DownSouthUS
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Great food, outstanding service. If your looking for the newest hippest place, this is not it. What it is though is classic food and service in an old world setting that swings, even by todays standards. Never disappointing, always wonderful!!!!

3  Thank JEFF M
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Had another fine dinner tonight. This is where you go to experience old school dining. I love this place. Even my 17 year old son loves it. This is the way it used to be and I would dare to say, some restaurants could take a lesson. Crab martini is outstanding. Had the veal porterhouse tonight...excellent.

1  Thank brokecheerdad
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I was very surprised by the reviews I have read of this restaurant and I had high expectations. Unfortunately Fresno may not have a lot to offer but the reviews seem to give an impression that this restaurant and the food served is of a high standard. Maybe we were there on a bad night but between decor and food served it felt like eating inside a local pub - nothing special.