Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest
$139
Homewood
$109
Hampton.com
Ramada Fresno Northwest(Fresno)(Great Value!)
$76
$64
$80
$77
Hotwire.com
$120
$117
Agoda.com
All reviewstrain tracksfreeway sidelight sleepercomplimentary breakfast isevening receptionrecommend this hotelroom was cleanparking lotstay there againthe hotel staffstayed nightspotatoesfitness centernice breakfastking suitegreat place to staysequoia national park
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is right off the highway - perfect if you are traveling. It is in a very safe area with numerous food options available.

As is advertised by the Hampton Inn chain, it is also squeaky clean. The thing about Hampton Inn is that you know what you are getting, which makes travel much less stressful.

Our check-in was quick and easy, even though we were behind another customer who was being quite slow about the process - the evening front desk clerk handled the situation quite well and got us right on our way. We really appreciated it, as we had just arrived on a flight and it was nearing midnight.

The issue we had came up when we got in the room - our air con was broken. This wasn't immediately evident, as we turned it on when we came in and assumed that the room temperature was based on the fact that it had been off to conserve energy (good idea!) and Fresno in summer is HOT!!! We fell asleep nearly immediately, and it wasn't until about 2:30 in the morning that it became evident the air con was just not working.

As I mentioned, Fresno is HOT in the summer. However, we had also just flown across the country and arrived just a few hours before and knew we would be checking out before 7 am. Our options were to call about fixing the a/c and have to either get dressed so someone could be let in to fix it or move rooms. With only a few hours left, we decided to cut our losses and try to open a window (the windows only open a few inches) and hope for the best.

The next morning we stopped at the breakfast area before checking out -the lady keeping everything stocked was SUPER nice and welcoming - then when I checked out I told the desk clerk about the a/c issue.

The clerk was having none of it. He was barely civil when I brought it up and told me he couldn't do anything about it and would have his manager contact us. For the record, I wasn't trying to get anything other than the fact it needed to be looked at "done about it." We made our decision at 2:30 to try and power through it as we felt sleep was our priority with a 10 hour drive the next day. We weren't trying to get anything from the clerk, we were just informing him of a real problem. However, the clerk was very brusque and dismissive - almost accusatory in his manner, which irritated me highly (it's easy to irritate me when it's hot. I don't deal with heat well).

I never heard from the manager, and assumed that my complaint had been brushed off, but when I received an email from Hilton asking for my opinion, I related the incident. Almost immediately I received an email of apology from the manager, which stated that he had not been informed of the situation and he took steps to rectify the problem.

I was SUPER impressed with the manager's immediate response to the issue we had encountered. This and the fact that all but one of the staff members we encountered was welcoming and competent and the hotel itself is very clean (again- Fresno is hot and dusty, keeping it very clean requires quite a bit of attention to detail) is a testament to how much the management of this hotel values their customers.

I would be happy to stay in this hotel again the next time we go through Fresno. In a room where the air con is working, of course.

Room Tip: Check the air con immediately!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shawn D
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Shawn,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I greatly appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest. Once again I am very sorry about the situation with your AC and the clerk at check out. At Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, we greatly value our guests and their feedback. It is definitely our responsibility to address and resolve all guest concerns. Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the survey. I am sorry about the inconvenience and I am glad to know that we were able to address and resolve your concerns. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Came to California from North Carolina to have my Wedding in Yosemite. I knew nothing about the area. Staff was very Helpful with Info on where to go for Marriage license, flowers and food. Room was Very clean and comfortable. Staff allowed us to have a late check out (2PM) so we could get the last minute running around done before we headed Yosemite

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2014

nice hotel but terrible location unless you like constant freeway noise or trains blowing the horn until 12:30 am. The room I was in had a constant fan type sound coming from the bathroom that was not corrected after I complained.

1  Thank whs7
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest. We are very sorry that the location of the hotel was not to your liking. We try our best to overcome this train and freeway noise obstacle by offering ear plugs to our guests that are light sleepers.

Also, the noise in the bathroom was caused due to "commercial contiuous air barrier" which is a fire/building code for commercial buildings. The hotel bathroom doors are designed to close automatically but I noticed that your bathroom door was kept open and a towel was used as a door stopper. Keeping the bathroom door closed would have prevented the noise from coming into the room. I personally went up to your room to verify the problem but was unable to get a hold of you to explain you the situation. Once again, we are extremely sorry about inconvenience and we hope that you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to Fresno.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Clerk at check in, not helpful. Stated no drinks on counter. When I placed my soft drink on the counter to access my ID. She stated this repeatedly until I finally stated how am I going to get my ID and credit card out of my wallet without placing my drink on the counter, maybe mgmt. should have a table near the desk.

1  Thank Lori R
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are extremely sorry about your experience with our front desk staff. We had a guest a couple of weeks ago that accidentally dropped his drink over the counter and damanged the hotel's main phone console which cost the hotel nearly $2000 and our staff was without a proper phone console for several days because this type of phone has to be purchased on a special order. I believe our staff was just being cautious and we did have a small table near the front desk in our lobby. We are extemely sorry about the situation and will definitely use your feedback to improve our customer service.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very clean, new hotel, my only comment on the negative side is that it's next to the freeway and you can hear it except for the air conditioner noise masking it out. Your other choice is the opposite side of the hotel with the sound of the train on that side. You have a choice.

Dear Roderick,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest. I am glad that the cleanliness and condition of the hotel was up to you expectations. I am sorry that the location was not upto your liking. It is definitely an obstacle for the hotel to be in between a freeway and train tracks. We try our best and are always seeking new ways to overcome that obstacle. We hope that you will consider staying with us again next time.