WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Napa, California
“Choose another Hampton in Fresno”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This review is not bad because of the hotel itself. I would not stay here again because of the location. I was picking up my son from summer camp and needed to spend the night in Fresno. The previous week I stayed at a different Hampton Inn in the area but decided to stay at this location because if was $20 less. Again, the hotel itself was nice. Lobby was clean with beverages (water, coffee, tea) available all day. Front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. My favorite thing was that they wash the duvet covers after each guest's stay. No gross bed covers! Room was clean and fresh, bathroom was clean. Surprisingly nice towels in the bathroom as well as nice large pool towels. Breakfast was more than ample with a variety of choices.
The location of this Hampton is awful. It sits between highway 99 and the train tracks. I asked for a room away from the highway, but when we went into our room, it faced the highway. I was confused, so I went back to the front desk and clarified that I wanted a room away from the highway. "Oh, you wanted to face the train tracks?" asked the young woman at the desk. I laughed and said I would take the highway. There is a yukon jacks, starbucks and subway nearby, but nothing else. Next time, I would pay a little extra next time and stay at another Hampton.

Room Tip: Choose the highway side. At least the noise is constant, versus the trains going by!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fresno, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel had nice amenities and was located next to a subway, yukon jacks and starbucks (very conveniently right across the parking lot). Other fast foods were across the street. I will stay here again should I return to this area.

Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great place to stay in the Fresno area. Easy to get to, great service, excellent rooms. There is a restaurant and a Starbucks on the same property. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel appears to be newer. The room and bathroom were VERY clean and new in appearance. The hotel I normally stay in is a few miles north in Madera. Also VERY nice. The Madera Hotel has similar rooms and breakfast but is $20 - $40 cheeper per night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Canyon Country, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were swept off our feet when we visited the Hampton Inn in Fresno. Cordial and knowledgable staff made our stay delightfull. We will definately stay at this Hotel chain in the future. I got better service here than i did at the "Expensive $400.00 and up" hotels.

Paducah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Far away from busy town but close enough to restaurants and shopping for a nice experience! Stayed here on business and it was quiet for me and convenient to have a Starbucks right next door. Also was a straight shot drive into Fresno Business area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I pre reserved this hotel for a 6 night stay 60 days prior. When we arrived from San Diego after a six and a half hour drive the hostess took our payment and gave us our key to our room, this was around 4 pm. At 4 pm we wanted to do some laundry and we could not dry our clothes because another customer had left their clothes in the dryer. We called the front desk and the manager was sent up to the laundry room to discuss the situation. We told the manager we had been waiting for a half and hour for somebody to return to take their clothes out of the dryer but no one showed up. The manager's response was he could not touch the clothes but would find out who they belonged to and he would call us in our room, well we waited until 6:45 and no answer. I then went down stairs to the lobby because we were hungry and had not eaten since the morning we left the Hampton Inn in San Diego , I noticed that there was some sort of gathering in the lobby of the hotel with at least a dozen customers and managers enjoying food and drinks. I ask the hotel desk clerk what is the occasion, her response was that Monday thru Wednesday they have the managers get with all the customers and enjoy beer, wine and finger food. I responded to whyI was not notified and noted to her I had been waiting in my room for two and a half hours for a response about the customer who left their clothes in the dryer( and they were still in the dryer) Her only response was the manager food function will be closing in about five minutes and he must of forgotten, Never again, As a Hilton Honor Member this hotel needs some strict customer communication training. I even contacted Hilton Honor customer , they were not very friendly or concerned either. This is the fourth hotel by Hilton I had stayed at and it will be my last. I left with my wife and two children and spent my seven day reserve ration with a more customer friendly hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to any one until management and staff have been re trained in business communication 101.

Stayed June 2013
3 Thank johnnied556
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We're very sorry to hear about your experience with the laundry machines and can definitely understand how that would be a big inconvenience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we will work with our staff to prevent something like this happening again in the future. We hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the Fresno area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.