“2nd location has been redeemed...”
Review of Casa Corona

Casa Corona
Ranked #245 of 1,143 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We have always been fans of casa and were so happy to hear that a 2nd location had opened up. It is much closer to home and at busy times we have had to wait for a table at the old one. The first few times we went to the new one I was very disappointed with portion size and service--they just weren't the same. Last night I left very happy. They give kiddos packs of wikistix to occupy themselves and our food and service was great. Actually I think our waiter was way out of his league and should upgrade---he knew the menu front to back and was more on the Ruth's Chris sort of level. I'll no longer roll my eyes and ask if we can just go to the "old one" if the newer location can keep this up. The shrimp and black bean flautas and burrito royale con carne are our faves.

1  Thank Kris10fresno

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have only been to the Casa location at Cedar & Herndon, and I just don't understand what all the hype is about. This restaurant is overrated in my opinion. The food is just okay, nothing special. The service is consistently poor. There is typically an excessively long wait to get wait staff to the table to order a drink, more waiting for the drinks to arrive, and then even longer waits to order refills. They do have food platters that you can get to-go that are nice for parties, meeting, etc. To actually go dine at this place is not worth your time.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a new site for Casa Corona, at Bullard and West. The ambiance was excellent, with colors, ceilings, and decor producing a fiesta atmosphere. Chips, salsa, and Corona beer arrived promptly, bottle cold, slice of lime at the neck, tasty salsa with just the right amount of "hot." Service was slow--just think "Mexico", and after all who cares as long as you have beer, chips, and salsa while you wait. We had chile verde enchiladas and a 4 oz side of guacamole. Be sure to order your green chile enchiladas with chile verde (pork) filling inside--it's terrific. The refried beans and rice, enchiladas topped with sour cream, wonderful, one order filled two of us up for lunch. Just allot enough time that you don't get all upset like a gringo waiting for your waiter!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

The food was average; everything else was poor. We were there on a Wednesday night around 5pm and the service was terribly slow. After we got halfway through the complimentary salsa, we discovered a piece of paper soaked in our salsa (one of those paper 'napkin rings'). Tried to order queso as an appetizer and was told they don't have it. Really? What Mexican restaurant doesn't have queso or queso fundido? They also messed up my order. I ordered a combo platter with shredded chicken; they brought shredded beef...not even close. The atosphere is nice and the flavors are mediocre, but I won't go back.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

**UPDATE: Finally got to try one of their breakfast items - really good! It was scrambled eggs with chorizo, and came with beans, rice, potatoes, chili verde, and tortillas. Next time I'm trying what I'm calling their "breakfast nachos". It's their awesome seasoned chips topped with enchilada sauce, eggs, and two cheeses.**

Casa Corona has the best mexican food in Fresno. There food has way more flavor than most mexican restaurants.

Their Happy Hour's have great prices and are even on the weekends!

Besides the chips and salsa, one of their standout dishes is the Nacho Fries. It used to be a special and is now regular menu item. The bar has a great selection and they frequently get new liquors.

The staff is very friendly and the service is great.

Been to Casa Corona? Share your experiences!