“U get what you pay for” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambassador Inn And Suites

Ambassador Inn And Suites
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“U get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

Paid 50 with tax. Cant beat that price with a stick...unfortunately i was afraid of getting beat with a stick in this location. Grimey and unsafe area. Dirty pool, large fairly clean rooms. I was just glad we got out alive with nothing stolen. Paid over twice as much to stay at jsmpton inn on way back.....well worth it.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

This was a brief stopover on the journey between Vegas and Yosemite and we were glad it was for one night!

The motel itself was as described on the internet and we were more than happy with the room and service, but the area around the motel was not good. We witnessed several people loitering around as we drove into the car park, at about 6pm. There were also various police cars around. As a result of this we requested a top floor room and ensured our car was parked in sight, completely emptied of valuables with the glove boxes open! Later on we went out for food at the local Denny’s and saw several prostitutes openly touting for business on the street.

The motel served its purpose for us - it was cheap, comfortable, spacious and clean with free wifi, cable tv, coffee maker, microwave, fridge, free parking and breakfast at McDonalds included in the rate. For the amount we paid and as a stopover it was fine but it is definitely not a 'holiday' destination due to the local area!

Room Tip: Upstairs room felt safer.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank naomi83
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

Vey good value for money, room was nice, big, and clean. Breakfast is in McDonald, for two times is it good and better than nothing. Disadvantage - in room smelled disinfection, but it wasn't horribel. I thing, very good motel in Fresno.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

I reserve in advance so I expected the room to be ready in my arrival..rooms are very spacious and have every thing in need. With the eception of the sheet's they had hairs and they were not change nasty.ok I ask the young lady for service I ask for her to come and see the bed and change the linen "she yeald 5 minutes!!!. She never came, I went up to the housekeeper with the excuse of extra towels, she yeald again 5 minutes. I feelt that I was asking for who khows what. And my wife said to me it seems she is being force to work. The next morning we continue to our destination my wife ask me never to stay in a place were we aren't welcome and feel disrespected..

• Stayed November 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

Truthfully, you get more than what you pay for ! I reserved 3 days through booking.com, and talked to Yogi the manager for assurance. I was very comfortable disclosing my credit card info because they didn't charge it. The gentlemen at check-in was very cordial and let us inspect the room before we paid in cash. This is what we (4 adults) got for $180; 1 sanitized contemporary room, Wi-fi Internet connection, 2 comfortable queen size beds, 1 couch with a pull out bed and coffee table, 1 iron with ironing board, 1 refrigerator and microwave, and the lighting and air conditioning were state of the art. Oh yeah, Mcdonalds breakfast is included in the cost, but we asked them to deduct it. There is a Dennys nearby. I feel like I'm letting out a big secret so take advantage of it, would you ! So you know, we were there for a church conference and I'm a military veteran.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Just1morePlace
soledad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

The staff is friendly, the area is ok. the rooms are pretty good and what a great deal

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

I stayed at Ambassador Inn & Suites in Fresno.The manager is very kind and helpful.When I walked into the room,it was really nice,clean,and bigger than any other motel rooms.It includes a micro,fridge,iron,ironing board,hair dryer,and free wifi.Also, free breakfast in the morning.The pool is nice and clean for kids to swim in.The price is very reasonable.I recommend anyone to come stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family