“This was the most disgusting place we have ever stayed.”
Review of Parkland Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Parkland Hotel
Ranked #63 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were completely shocked as the picture on the Motel's site were not remotely close to the room we stayed in. It had no bed lamps, smelled like a dirty house, the light fixtures looked like fire hazards, we were not sure if the bed sheets had been changed and we found ants in the bathroom. We only stayed because it was too late to find another hotel. It's two star rating on Hotwire was absolutely in error. It should be a -4 star in our "completely objective" opinion. Oh and since the overhead light is timed you should go to bed really early.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Blueridge60
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I checked in at 3am with my teenage son after a long night on the road. I should've known to keep looking when I read the notice on the door that they would no longer accept excuses for late payment from the long term guests. I specifically asked the security guard/desk attendant for a clean room. The room (515) reeked of cigarettes, but we were exhausted and went straight to sleep. In the morning I noticed that every horizontal surface was covered with cigarette burns, there were dead flies and gnats stuck to the walls of the bathroom and above the light in the main room. There was even a blood smear on the wall above the bathroom sink! Also, the valve to the toilet was turned off for some reason. The pool and hot tub area were closed. The lobby was a filthy mess with rain leaking through the ceiling. And to top it off, there was no coffee!
I went to the front desk to complain, and was told by the woman working that she would have to call the owner to report my complaint. As I was packing stuff, she called the room to tell me that the owner refused to make any amends as I had already slept the night, and that any complaints I had should have been reported the night before. For $67.75, I've NEVER stayed in a worse hotel. I felt like I paid for a room in a crack house. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank JoshWE3
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 16, 2006

Although I have warned others about this hotel on other Internet websites, my reviews have been so harsh (though I believe they were honest descriptions) that none of them have published my review.
Service: The two individuals who were at the front desk (one was actually for Knights Inn and the other was for the Travelodge) carried on with a "I don't want to be here" attitude. I never even got a smile out of either of them. I even got bad looks from the front desk girl when I returned 2 times to change rooms. The first room wasn't ready. The second room reeked of cigarette smoke even though I asked for non-smoking. Finally, I was given a third room which continued to reek of smoke but I figured that how they all smell.
Accomodations: The drapes were torn and dirty, the carpet was filthy, the sheets were nasty (good thing we brought our own sheets), the bathroom was okay HOWEVER the ceiling vent fell while I was taking a shower. The walls were so thin that we were able to hear WHOLE conversations in our room. My boyfriend and I had visitors during our trip: two flies, a cockroach, a endless spider friends. YAY!
Sum up: Do not stay here. It is $40 per night but you GET WHAT YOU PAR FOR...and that's not much.

• Stayed: November 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fresno
Ambassador Inn And Suites
#6 of 7 in Madera
Ramada Fresno Northwest
Ramada Fresno Northwest
#24 of 64 in Fresno

Been to Parkland Hotel? Share your experiences!