Motel 6 Fresno
Homewood
Hampton.com
$93
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I was a bit concerned as reviews were bad then all off a sudden tons is good ones even mentioning staff names. Seemed fake. $54 with no charge upgrade to lower king room w/ fridge microwave. Shower needs a good cleaning drapery rod broken in middle so curtains sagged. No extra charge for dog which was nice. Other hotel wanted $100 deposit. Duct tape on floor between carpet and bathroom floor tile was really ghetto. Quiet location easy to get too great location food and gas nearby. All in all I'd stay again as all I need was a bed for the night while driving to socal.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Orrip72
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The room was most definitely not worth the $70 I spent for the night. Granted, I did not expect 5-star accommodations but there were a number of blatant issues: 1) the shared headboard was detached from the wall and part of it was hanging down, 2) both sets of lights above the beds did not work, 3) there were large bulges/bumps which could be felt underneath the carpet, and 4) the bed pillows were very small, almost like they were meant to be throw-pillows.
I chose this motel based on posted pictures and reviews but I found that the photos are not accurate representations of the rooms, at least not the one we were assigned. I did not report these issues to the staff since we were only staying one night and were leaving early in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a trip to Yosemite and Kings Canyon.

-ve
Our room needed serious maintenance - AC temp knob was missing, door hinge was loose making it difficult to open/close the door, shower head pores were clogged leading to a very poor shower experience, the bedsheet had many stains and both bedside lamps were unplugged. Worse of all the CO alarm battery went bad at around 2AM and the alarm started squeaking erratically, we had to get a replacement battery to quieten it.

Room condition was below avg - stained carpets, stained sink, a tiny bathroom, curved screen TV and a bed where one person turning slightly would cause the entire bed to shake.

The motel has a pool but its small, just for kids to play, not for swimming.

+ve
Front desk folks were prompt and courteous. Our request for a quiet room was honored. Front desk person was promptly able to get a 9V battery to quiet the CO alarm at 3AM.
Wifi was secure and worked ok.
McDonald, Subway and a few other eating places are very close by.

Overall it beats me how this place gets 4stars on TripAdvisor. If you have to stay in the area try the next door Ramada. For ~$20 more you get a better room with a decent bed, a bigger bath, larger flat screen TV, included breakfast and free popcorn all day.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R K
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We choose to stay here as a midpoint from Yosemite to San Francisco, and because it was near an underground garden in Fresno that we planned to visit. Note how most recent reviews for this hotel are the only reviews for those users. Any guesses as to why that is? My guess is because the hotel staff is writing them using fake accounts. Digging a little deeper, users with multiple reviews tend to rate this place poorly. I wish I would have caught that before staying here, but it was cheap and that is the only positive I can point out in this review. A couple of things of note.

- We booked a non smoking room, and it had an ash tray. Hmmmm? Since the room smelled like a chemical factory, I concluded that it was probably sprayed down and made a non smoking room for our stay.

- Sheets had a stain on them. It was easy to spot too and should have been easily caught.

- Discovered that there were no towels in the morning. Called and asked for some towels and told we had to walk to the office to get them. Considering where our room was located, this was a haul around the detached hotel, down some stairs and across the parking lot. I don't mind walking, but I expect clean towels to be in the hotel room I paid for, especially when only staying for one night.

- Many folks staying at this hotel seemed down on their luck. Hung around at night with the doors open. Make of that what you will.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DPK99
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've been traveling now for the last 8 years for work and I stayed in a lot of hotels in 15 different states and motel 6 has one of the best staff members I've ever dealt with in where is very long time. Especially staff members Joseph & Kenneth. The both had showed me the best customer service. They where always helpful and where there every time I needed them. They truly showed the true meaning of customer service. if I ever come back to Fresno California I would definitely come here just up just to see those two guys again.. yep the only thing I recommend for this hotel is if they do a breakfast all other Motel 6 is I stay in and other hotels around here have breakfast so I do recommend they do a breakfast other than that great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank galberto0511
Sheila G, Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for the positive review. It was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our #1 priority here at Motel 6 to provide all of our guests with the best customer service. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff. Thanks again for the positive review and we hope to see you in the near future.

Thanks again for your great review.