“motel6 Shaw & 99” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California
“motel6 Shaw & 99”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay at this motel often the staff is always so friendly. Krystal at the front desks is always up beat and willing to help in any way. The rooms are always clean. Close to food and gas.I have always had a safe stay at this hotel for the money it is worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I was please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We make every effort to make sure that our guest's have a clean, comfortable room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Idyllwild, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I would like first to compliment our check-in clerk, Krystal. When she realized we were in Fresno for a Memorial Service and not familiar with the area she very promptly got on her computer and located where we had to go, and printed us out a map. We were soooo grateful. The room was very ordinary but clean and the bed was comfortable. It was a pleasure in the morning to have freshly brewed coffee waiting and a warm greeting (again by Krystal). What a sweet and friendly receptionist you have!!
We have stayed in other Motel 6, and while this stay was adequate, I think it is due for a little upgrade. Thank you Frank & Harriet Thompson, Idyllwild,CA.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms have ample large bars for safety in & out of tub. Rooms toward the front of Mote...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harriet T
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your comments. Thanks for all the wonderful things you had to say.
We love-it when guests enjoy their stay. Please if you are in our area again we would love to have you stay with us.
Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I travel a lot and have to say this is by far the worst experience I've had!! It took me over an hour to check into the room due to a "booking error". The room itself was pretty dirty (there was a french fry on the floor the entire time I was there and it wasn't mine. Even though i had the room cleaned everyday it remained) and bathroom was covered in mildew and stinky. I was there for four nights yet had to get rekeyed everynight. The second night meant another hour long wait in the lobby just to get rekeyed!! The front desk clerk that night was cranky and slow. The rest of the front desk clerks were very friendly and nice though. I slept well when the hotel was relatively empty but on the nights it was full I could hear EVERYTHING in the next rooms!! I wouldn't return here again but would find somewhere else even if it meant spending more money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
William M, Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Please except my apologizes..............I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's a motel 6. So don't expect much. You get what you pay for. Although Krystal at the front desk was very helpful and friendly when checking my father and I into our room. As for the room, the tv worked, shower was hot, beds had blankets and pillows. Expect any more from a motel 6 and your setting yourself up for a disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your comments to the staff.
Dutch Harbor, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Motel 6 is just motel 6 i am on first night of a 2 night stay .The Front Desk staff upon checkin was one of the most polite and helpful Front Desk personnels i have dealt with ,,, had a couple little questions and the staff did a great job ..Now for the downside of my stay the internet needs lots of help kept losing connection couldnt play cards on line hopefully it will get better ,,,, But overall 1 st day was okay .. So far noise outside is not a Problem .. The Beds need to be replace they are old ....I will update this in the morning and on the last day of my stay.. Well first night was good no one loitering outside it was quiet was able to sleep ...both Front desks ladys was very very friendly my only problem and probly reason i wont come back and i still got one more night is the very poor internet in my room i keep losing signal

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for all the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel. Unfortunately, we seemed to be having some problems with our internet while you were here and I apologize for that. We take your comments very seriously and hope to have this problem addressed asap.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travel for work a lot and this is by far the best motel 6 i have ever been to. i checked in very late and was really tired joseph woke me up with he service and enthusiasm. He also helped me with my luggage.....Great motel 6 i will be back soon keep up the good work joseph.

Room Tip: If you are traveling for business and need internet and great service this is the motel 6 for you if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is our goal here at Motel 6 to provide our guest with a great experience. And we are always pleased when guest let us know the enjoyed staying with us. I will pass along your comments to Joseph and the entire staff. Again thank you for your comments. And if your in our area again please come a stay with us again.
Central California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm not sure where these good reviews are coming from, this place is a dump! The front desk staff was very friendly, I will give them that. The outside may look clean and kept up in the daylight, but our room was disgusting! Carpet was filthy and had places where it looked like someone had burned it. Vanity mirror had gang grafitti etched into it. TV was not working properly, had lines along the top. Towels were thin and scratchy. We could hear every move of the people above us, along with every flush of the toilet and shower. We left our room to go get dinner at around 7:30 pm only to be greeted by a group of 5 pot smoking thugs hanging out outside of their room, right in front of our car. Thank god the car was still there! Clearly they were there to handle "business" and we were in the way. The room they were doing this in was right behind the office, no way that they couldn't hear/smell that! I have never felt more unsafe at a hotel than this. I didn't sleep a wink. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Saving a few extra bucks is not worth compromising your safety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for letting me know that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is our desire that guests always enjoy their stay with us. Please rest assure that we will use your comments to make corrections were we can. We hope if you are in the area again you"ll stop and stay with us and allow us to make it up to you.