“Could have been better”

Ramada Fresno North
Ranked #31 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed the Friday/Saturday of Fresno State's graduation. Though the hotel did not seem busy, we would assume if you stay at a hotel with room service that you would get room service. The restaurant had one waitress in the restaurant and she was not available to do room service. We had to complain to the Front Desk and that staff person had to provide us room service!

Also, I chose this hotel because it had a hot tub. The water level was so low, it did not cover the jets. This was very annoying and not relaxing at all!

I do have one positive about our room. Our room was very nice. I was tempted to steal the pillows! We had two downsides about the room. The fan in our bathroom did not work and we could hear our neighbors in the other room take showers.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 1, 2010

I would not come back. Only reason I stayed here was due to Agriculture Conference that week. No other hotel availabilities.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Cr8tiv
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Huge "party" was going on. It started in the parking lot right out of the front door about 8:30 pm. Where was the desk clerk? The group was up and down the halls banging on doors and yelling, then back outside for awhile before returning to the halls and door banging again. This lasted until about 4:00 am. We were afraid they were going to break down the door of a room. As senior citizens we definately felt we were in danger. We were afraid to call the front desk thinking the person must have been involved since no attempt was made to halt the mess.

Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Lee Duncan

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cuddlesthecat
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We arrived at around 3 PM, just 3 couples, no one else at the front desk, we had to wait 45 minutes to check in, they where slow as can be.
The rooms are clean enough, beds comfortable, got 2 queens instead of the king bed we wanted ( they didn't tell us , and I din't want to make a fuss about it). The bathroom had some rust in the corners of the tub, everithing else was ok.
Next morning we got up for breakfast ( "full breakfast" was included), but "surprise", an electric waffle iron that didn't work, no coffee, juice machine didn't work, some cereal (cherrio's and some other bran flakes), but, surprise, no milk. instant oatmeal ( you have to make it yourself to), and some bread for toasting. We simply had to go out for our breakfast, because they couldn't even get us come coffee or juice.
After that, we decided to just stay out and comeback to sleep only.
I don't know if I'm spoiled because I stay at large hotels in Vegas , but I didn't like the service at all.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank luisistaz
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I was very reluctant to stay at this hotel! I read several negative reviews. Our Family Reunion selected this hotel to accommodate family members from out of town. I almost booked my family at another hotel but decided to take a chance. Plus I really wanted to be close to other visiting relative. I was VERY VERY VERY surprised when I arrived. It really looked like a 4 star hotel. The staffs were nice. Glad we decided to stay hear.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Simply put, the rooms were outstanding. They were clean and beautifully furnished. The bartender was very friendly and the vibe of the bar was very relaxing. The food was much better than expected.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2008

I guess they must have remodeled after reading all those other poor reviews. The lobby was nice and the rooms were nice. It all looked brand new except for the outside of the room door. The bed was very comfortable and the A/C was blowing like 10 below absolute zero. The rooms come with free wireless which works well. They do have a decent sized pool and jacuzzi. I guess the only complaint is that the front desk was kind of rude even when there was no one around, , the pillows on the very comfortable bed were HUGE and kind of hurt my neck, and the housekeeping lady almost broke down my door at 9 o clock. Other than that, I'm very very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)