“Good little place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Brisbane, Australia
“Good little place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I had read a number of rough reviews of the hotel and was a little bit unsure
But when we went to Our room was and found it spacious, quiet, very clean and comfortable.I was more than happy, I mean its not meant to be a 5 star hotel, the Ramada Inn in Fresno was a good honest place to lay your head, we stayed just the one night and found it had everything we expected, Good location to the Mall and food selection it even had FREE internet ,and The continental breakfast had a good selection.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

This is a gem of a hotel just East of Highway 41. The service and staff were very responsive to anything we asked for

Its entry and front lobby is very spacious, clean and welcoming giving an impression of moderate elegance and good taste at a reasonable cost. Parking is ample and easy to get to from both the freeway and East Shaw Avenue.

Our room was spacious, quiet, very clean and comfortable.

The continental breakfast is very basic and adequate with a good selection of cold cereals, coffee, hot oatmeal, two kinds of fresh fruit orange juice and freshly cooked waffles..

Its free shuttle to the airport and Amtrak station are welcomed perks.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cantegrit
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Had 3 rooms for 2 nights; got in Friday, left Sunday. All 3 rooms, no hot water Saturday morning, no hot water Saturday afternoon trying to get ready for a formal, no hot water Sunday morning getting ready to leave. Was told to run it 10 minutes, ran for 20, still luke warm. Technicial came to check and said water was good (broken english). Luke warm is not good. All 3 rooms had no hot water. I never did receive an apology. After pursuing received $20 off per room, not acceptable. Management said i had a room, warm bed, heat, etc, in otherwords no hot water was no big deal. I followed up with Ramada customer service and no satisfaction there. i will go out of my way to avoid staying at Ramada in the future.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Stayed 3 nights. First night.. management allowed loud party with music and drunks to go very late. Allowed young girls to be accosted by drunks in lobby. Hotel is clean, but I do not think management makes enough of an issue about the trouble makers.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Rohnert Park, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Tioga pass was closed on Wednesday 10 November. Consequently, I had to rearrange my travel and ended up staying the night at the Ramada Inn, Fresno, CA. First of all, to be fair to this review, all I wanted after traveling all night was a clean room, a bed, and a hot shower in the morning - and the Ramada delivered on two of those items. The bed was comfortable, and the water was hot. However, the rest of the hotel needs major improvement.

Reception: I arrived late on Wednesday night. I asked for a king room, smoking. I was told that all the rooms were non-smoking although the placard behind the receptionist was "Ask About Non-Smoking Rooms Available". The receptionist told me how to get to my room, and about the continental breakfast in the morning and that there was an on-site restaurant if I wanted "... anything cooked." I signed for my room, and on the receipt was a notice "... a $200 charge would be made to my credit card if I smoked in my room ... " This led to the obvious question: How would they find out? When I check out do I have to have my room checked?

Room: After getting to the room, on the second floor, via the stairs, across from the dumpsters .... I opened the door to a room that was in GREAT disrepair. The couch was in such a state that I do not believe the Salvation Army would accept it as a donation. There was NOT in room coffee. I did not try the TV nor the internet. The bed was good as I stated before. In the morning, the shower was working and the water was hot.

The Morning After ....
For those of you reading this review, and saying "I'm glad it is all non-smoking." perhaps you should reconsider. Maybe it was that the guests staying at the hotel obeying the rules, or the threat of a $200 fine for "cheating", but when I left my room for the lobby to get coffee, I passed several guests in various states of dress, all enjoying their morning smoke. The clouds of smoke were thick, all the guests were unshowered, and unshaven, and two were still in "pajamas". NIce way to wake up.

I arrived in the lobby to grab some coffee. Again, to be fair, there is an on premise restaurant serving "cooked" food. I did not use the restaurant mainly because of time constraints.

The food at the continental breakfast was presented with all the care of a tornado going through a trailer park. There were no forks, spoons, etc., to use and scant napkins. The pastries looked as if they were purchased in a convenient 250 pack last week. The fruit looked as if it was salvaged from the dumpster. I got a cup of coffee and departed back through the cloud of Marlboro smoke.

Check Out: I checked out pretty much without incident until I asked for an envelope. There wasn't any stationary in the room, so I asked for an envelope at the front desk. The receptionist asked "Why?" I gave up and departed with my receipt.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William M
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

No bags in trash cans+No functional air vents in the bathroom+ dirty carpet+ no fridge+slowest internet possible

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed at the ramada it was good front desk were fast and good room was clean hosekeeping was great love the area the hotel is in only thing was the shuttle service was terrible and i mean terrible never on time i would stay at this hotel again but i would not depend on the shuttle service again and i read other ppls reviews about this hotel saying the walls were dirty and the carpet was dirty the room smell and ect... well when i was there nothing so happen to me i will recommend this hotel to a friend the bed was comfortable cozy i jus like it great service .

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends