“Was expecting more” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Burbank, California
“Was expecting more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Because this hotel was rated so highly I booked a 2-bedroom suite for two nights. I have nothing really to complain about, but I was expecting more.

The rooms met our needs in that they were very clean. That is the most important thing to me to be honest. The negatives is that the rooms were pretty small, and it seemed a little cramped for a two-bedroom. The pool was incredibly small, and not worth the time to go in to. The location was great. The breakfast was a poor mans continental.....but I recommend going to the breakfast restaurant (I will not name the restaurant but they have great pancakes) that they share the parking lot with.

The staff was nice and accommodating. Nothing to complain about. I guess I was just expecting a little more from this place, as it was just average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

What made this hotel stand out was the great front desk staff. The hotel, as stated before, is located near River Park. It has everything you need right nearby: Restaurants, shopping, movie theaters. It is not far from Fresno State, if you were there for anything college related. This is a nice part of Fresno. This city can get a bum rap sometimes, but this is a really nice area. The rooms are nice, clean, quiet and most importantly, comfortable. It was the staff that impressed me most with how helpful and friendly they were. I am a Marriott rewards member and was upgraded to a 2 room suite which made it all the more comfortable. Breakfast was continental style and they had little bags so you could take it on the go or back to your room. Would I stay here again... Yes, in a heart beat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nothing to complain about. We are lifelong Marriott clients and this lived up to the reputation. The bedding was just what we needed -- comfortable and clean. The AC worked great, kitchen was sufficient for our needs, parking was plentiful. It was conveniently located to restaurants and grocery stores. Staff was friendly, helpful, cordial. There is no sit-down breakfast, but there is a breakfast bar where you grab things to go -- as much as you need. I thought it was generously stocked (Minute Maid apple and orange juice bottles instead of the cheaper fountain type set-up). Bagels, hard boiled eggs, muffins, donuts, etc. We only stayed one night (passing through to Yosemite) but it was on a trip where we stayed at 3 different accommodations. This was by far the best one -- and it was the cheapest! The pool was nicely heated. We had a queen suite with a separate bedroom. It was quiet and I got exactly what I needed -- a good night's sleep! If I ever needed lodging again in Fresno, this is the place I would go to again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a last second, unplanned stay due to my son needing his appendix out while on vacation in California. The hotel is in a good location as it is close to the local hospitals and a major mall and shopping area. The price is reasonable and we had a suite that had a queen in one room and a pull out sofa in the next which was fine for myself, my son and daughter while my wife and other son were at the Childrens Hospital. The rooms were of decent size with a kitchenette and were fairly clean. The breakfast looked oK but there was an IHOP right behind it so we opted for the full pancake breakfast since we were on vacation. We just stayed one night but it was fine for what we needed and the price was around $110 so it worked well for us. The desk staff was friendly and check in and check out was fast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had been in town often for business in downtown Fresno. I had been staying in the downtown area (scary) and wish I had made my way here sooner. This hotel is located in the River Park area. There is a IHOP, Chili's and a hot dog place all within walking distance. If you drive over to the River Park shopping area there are plenty of places to eat, shop or catch a movie. The area felt safe too, much unlike the downtown area.

I was traveling solo, but they upgraded me to a two bedroom suite because I am a Marriott rewards member. Pretty cool, but was obviously overkill. Having the kitchen was very nice though. The rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable, and it was quiet. That's about all I can ask for in a hotel property.

They have sort of a super continental breakfast set up in the lobby in the mornings. It was helpful that I could grab something and go.

The staff was great. Very helpful with tips and directions. My trip was extended another day unexpectedly. I returned to see if they had any rooms available. They were booked up, but made several calls trying to find a room for me (everywhere was booked in immediate area).

This will be my first choice if returning to Fresno area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

LOCATION – Very easy to find, just a couple of turnings off main highway through the town, but in a quiet setting. Plenty of amenities nearby – restaurants within walking distance.

ROOM – I stayed in a studio room which was an average size but it was well laid out and made good use of the space, with a desk and lots of storage. Clean, with bright modern decore which nicer touches than other suites like this I have stayed in. Iron and ironing board in room. Cable TV and free Wi-Fi. Well equipped kitchen with full cooker, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, dishwasher, lots of utensils. Bathroom had quality toiletries and a hairdryer.

HOTEL & FACILITIES – Very helpful and friendly front desk. Small pool and gym on site, ice-machine, vending machine and PC in lobby. Good breakfast included which you can pick up from reception area to take back to your room. Includes juices, coffee, bagels, muffins, cereal and fruit. Small outside seating area.

VALUE FOR MONEY – Very good value

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Over_Land_And_Sea
Salem, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am a frequent Marriott guest and by far the staff at Towne Place Suites, Fresno was by far the best customer service I have seen at any Marriott hotel. They were very accommodating and even upgraded our room because they had extra 2 bedroom suites available. They provided excellent recommendations for dining and things to do in the Fresno area.
The room was excellent and very clean. We didn't have an issue with it, but the appliances in the room seemed dated - some people that stay for extended periods may have an issue. We never actually used any of them because our stay was so short.
Overall, its an excellent value for customer service and cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family