“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
california
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the TownePlace suites in Fresno for 2 weeks for my husbands job. This was my first time in Fresno. I was not looking forward to the trip but I was pleasantly surprised at the great selection of restaurants and shopping close by. I was also glad that we could go to Ballys gym for free anytime we were there. The staff really went out of their way to help us out with anything we needed. The bed was comfy but the pillows could have been better. The pool was cold, I really wish it was heated.The breakfast is your basic continental breakfast: Bagels, english muffins, boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, muffins, juice, breakfast bars, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea etc. Overall the hotel is great but If you're going to Fresno just to visit, I suggest you head further west. If you do go I highly recommend you go to the Phoenician Mediterranean grill and Sakura Chaya Japanese restaurant. They are both close by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sunnyskys123

Jonesborough, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a night at Towneplace Suites by Marriott on our way to Yosemite National Park. Not only was it our first time in Fresno but also our first trip to CA. We flew into Fresno and after 13 hours in airports and airplanes our suite was the perfect place to rest. The staff was warm and friendly from the moment we arrived to the moment we departed. Our room initially had a problem with the air cooling unit, as it wasn’t really cooling the room. The issue was addressed immediately and the staff could not have been more helpful. The room itself was impeccably clean and in great condition. The beds were actually comfortable! As a bonus, I loved the colors of the room and the décor. The location is convenient to everything we needed including shopping and dining, but the building is situation far enough away from traffic that we weren’t bothered by it and I’m a light sleeper. We will definitely stay here again if and when we find ourselves needing a room in Fresno. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

As an ex-Fresnan, I have tried many of the other establishments over the past 10 years on at least 20 return visits but recently stumbled on to TownePlace Suites for a 2+ week stay and was utterly delighted with the facilities but most of all with the staff under Allison Ying. Her team Pak, Joey, Naomi as well as all the housekeeping and maintenance crew were friendly, responsive and efficient. The breakfast was a nice bonus of an array of cereal, muffins, power bars, fruit and hardboiled egg. Coffee and and lemon water available all day. The suites are spacious, clean with generous towels, pillows, linens. Kitchenette more than adequate. Some of the stuffing of sofa and beds are getting a little soggy (certainly not SPG "heavenly beds" caliber) but that's out of the control of the staff there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed one night at the Townplace Suites in Fresno. The front desk staff were so friendly, made check in fast and easy. I had a studio room which was more than enough for one person and found the room very comfortable. I didn't get a chance to take advantage of the kitchenette, but it seemed to be decently well equipped. I got a chance to enjoy the pool for a bit - which was a nice relief on a 100 degree day. I slept well, enjoyed the free internet and the pack-and-go breakfast, and was on my way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank OutoftheBay
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed here 1-2 times a month for past 2 years. Excellent staff, friendly and they feel like family! Clean, great rooms with a litel breakfast. I stay for work, however if I were in Fresno I would stay for pleasure as well and recommend to my friends and co-workers.
Close to main roads and great restaurants and shopping in area

Room Tip: I have stayed in many rooms and have not had a bad one!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Luv2travel3153
CLI820, Owner at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for chosing the TownePlace Suites Fresno for your hotel needs and especially for your loyalty. We are very happy to read that the staff provides you with excellent and friendly service. Thank you for your review of our hotel, we happily remain at your service!
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My wife and I were back in Fresno and stayed again at the TownPlace Fresno: while visiting my mother for “Mother’s Day”.

My wife and I highly recommend the TownPlace Suites Fresno for your next stay. The TownPlace Suites Fresno is our favorite because it’s consistently 5-Star Gem and it’s a Marriott Family of Hotels.

My wife and I don’t want to stay in a hit or miss hotel, i.e. a 5-star one time, a 3-star the next and maybe a 4-star the next time. It takes work and dedication to earn a 5-star rating.

The management and staff communicate effectively to create the atmosphere that every traveler is seeking. The staff is very attentive, welcoming and are not afraid to take that extra step to make your stay very memorable and enjoyable.

It’s conveniently located near the River Park Shopping Complex of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NashMan10
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was spacious, with an excellent work area for my laptop and free wi-fi connection.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the surroundings were quiet.

A continental breakfast is available in the lobby in the morning. It's fairly extensive in the variety of what's offered.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business