“"Fresh Fresh Baby"!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pismo's Coastal Grill

Pismo's Coastal Grill
Ranked #2 of 1,080 Restaurants in Fresno
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blackstone & Nees
Clovis CA
“"Fresh Fresh Baby"!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am pleased to say "what an improvement a year makes"!! The owners on this establishment have hit it out of the PARK!!! What a challenge it is to bring in Fresh, sustainable, seafood into a non coastal town and not have to sell out to the " chains"
I love love love independent eateries. I am so sick of chain restaurants! I say ENOUGH ALREADY!!
The menu is refreshing to say the least. Love seeing Castorville Artichokes on the menu. We are the Bread Basket of the United States and I would love to see more local, organic ingredients used from our local farms. IF YOU ARE USING THEM PLEASE SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS!
Another thing I really liked was some menu recommendations from GB3. Another successful independent local business.
I had just spent my Christmas/New Year Vacation tracking down some of the most exclusive
culinary establishments in the West Indies and really wanting some fresh seafood. I was thinking I was going to wait for my trip to Nantucket Mass for my next decent seafood experience short of me ordering something fresh on line and having to cook it myself.
I was a happy girl! Thank you. I will return and by the way. I'm really diggin your crab cakes and little fish market. Now when my hubby calls me and says " can I pick up something from the
market for dinner "..... You are on the list. Fresh grilled fish from the home grill with some vino and a salad is the perfect way to end the day!
good Goin...keep it up!

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Fresno, California
“Good Seafood in a Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This usually crowded restaurant tells you that it is a local favorite. Dave and his staff are friendly, efficient and serve very good food. The clam chowder is excellent and the calimari steak are two of my favorites. We sometimes buy fresh seafood at the counter and prepare it at home - it is always fresh.

Fresno, California
“So glad for Pismo's in Fresno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We actually live out of the area, but Pismo's has become a regular dinner spot for us; we are in Fresno often. We love fish and most often eat only wild fish; they always have something to fit that desire - sometimes several selections.

We have gotten so we always start w/their sweet potato fries -

Service is usually VERY good - of course, with any restaurant, there are always changes. On this visit our server was very good.

We love their sides selections - some I've wanted to duplicate at home (e.g. butternut squash mushroom hash and a Mediterranean cucumber salad). I've always had a hot dish. This time, for reasons unknown to me, the all crab louie sounded good to me. You can get a combo (shrimp and crab) or shrimp only or crab only. This is great, as I really don't care for shrimp at all.

My salad was "OK" - it was very fresh, but . . for the price, there wasn't much crab at all. Yes, you can order "double crab", but . . I'm not a huge eater at all (my husband and I always have take-home boxes - we never finish our meals!) For the price, there just wasn't much crab. And . . while the greens/lettuce was fresh, it was all iceberg lettuce. For the price and type type of place at which we were eating, even "spring greens" would have been super!!!!! I must say that the tastes were very good.

My husband enjoyed his hot fish entree - and we always have. They know how to cook fish correctly

We'll be back - not sure that I'll"ll do the louie salad again.

Clovis, California
“Consistently Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food and service is always excellent. It's busy most evenings, so get there early, but there's nothing wrong with hanging out out the bar while waiting for your table. Fabulous, fresh seafood and great wine list and cocktail menu as well.

Hanford, California
“Sunday Afternoon Delight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Sunday was our first visit to Pismo Coast. Many friends had spoken highly of the restaurant & we agreed, it was a very nice treat. The fresh fish market as you walk in is a nice touch. Our table was alittle awkward (we got a table where you are facing other guests directly) but the flat screen TVs all over the restaurant is what we were looking at since the Giants game was on. The chowder and calamari steak are two items I will order again but the cod fish & chips were a disappointment (too much batter on the fish). Although it was a bit pricey, we might try it again because the menu is full of interesting dishes.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Been to Pismo's Coastal Grill? Share your experiences!