“Good Seafood in a Local Restaurant”

Pismo's Coastal Grill
Ranked #2 of 1,131 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blackstone & Nees
Fresno, California
“Good Seafood in a Local Restaurant”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This usually crowded restaurant tells you that it is a local favorite. Dave and his staff are friendly, efficient and serve very good food. The clam chowder is excellent and the calimari steak are two of my favorites. We sometimes buy fresh seafood at the counter and prepare it at home - it is always fresh.

• Korean first
Fresno, California
“So glad for Pismo's in Fresno”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We actually live out of the area, but Pismo's has become a regular dinner spot for us; we are in Fresno often. We love fish and most often eat only wild fish; they always have something to fit that desire - sometimes several selections.

We have gotten so we always start w/their sweet potato fries -

Service is usually VERY good - of course, with any restaurant, there are always changes. On this visit our server was very good.

We love their sides selections - some I've wanted to duplicate at home (e.g. butternut squash mushroom hash and a Mediterranean cucumber salad). I've always had a hot dish. This time, for reasons unknown to me, the all crab louie sounded good to me. You can get a combo (shrimp and crab) or shrimp only or crab only. This is great, as I really don't care for shrimp at all.

My salad was "OK" - it was very fresh, but . . for the price, there wasn't much crab at all. Yes, you can order "double crab", but . . I'm not a huge eater at all (my husband and I always have take-home boxes - we never finish our meals!) For the price, there just wasn't much crab. And . . while the greens/lettuce was fresh, it was all iceberg lettuce. For the price and type type of place at which we were eating, even "spring greens" would have been super!!!!! I must say that the tastes were very good.

My husband enjoyed his hot fish entree - and we always have. They know how to cook fish correctly

We'll be back - not sure that I'll"ll do the louie salad again.

Clovis, California
“Consistently Excellent!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food and service is always excellent. It's busy most evenings, so get there early, but there's nothing wrong with hanging out out the bar while waiting for your table. Fabulous, fresh seafood and great wine list and cocktail menu as well.

Hanford, California
“Sunday Afternoon Delight”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Sunday was our first visit to Pismo Coast. Many friends had spoken highly of the restaurant & we agreed, it was a very nice treat. The fresh fish market as you walk in is a nice touch. Our table was alittle awkward (we got a table where you are facing other guests directly) but the flat screen TVs all over the restaurant is what we were looking at since the Giants game was on. The chowder and calamari steak are two items I will order again but the cod fish & chips were a disappointment (too much batter on the fish). Although it was a bit pricey, we might try it again because the menu is full of interesting dishes.

• Visited October 2012
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Decent place, good fish”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The place is good. The clam chowder is good, the fish decent. For Fresno it is a decent meal. Nothing that wants you coming back, but def wanna check it out

Visited March 2012

Been to Pismo's Coastal Grill? Share your experiences!