“Beautiful Hotel...Best service ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Hotel...Best service ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed at this new hotel while on business in Fresno. The front desk was very friendly throughout my entire stay, greeting me by name each time I came down from my room. When I checked in all of the luggage carts were being used but an employee that was walking by grabbed my bags without me having to ask and helped me up to my room. I was blown away by the breakfast that this place offered and the attendant who worked breakfast was always courteous and made sure to ask how my night was. The housekeeping staff was excellent and my room was spotless. The rooms here are very modern and spacious. Very clean hotel with a genuinely caring staff. I will never stay anywhere else in Fresno again...this place had it all.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
dsmith56, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Dear BMWFAN2010, Thank you so very much for taking the time to posting such a great review of us! I can't tell you how much we appreciate the comments our guests give and we look forward to serving you as a guest the next time you visit the beautiful central valley.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest is located next to TRAIN TRACKS! There were trains going by all night and they all blow their horns as they pass. If you’re not interested in sleeping, it’s a great place, otherwise STAY AWAY!
This is a newer building so all amenities are nice and clean but layout is strange. Bathroom door was hung to open out toward room and room door opens in. The doors touch! Also, they used laminate wood for entrance and when the group of kids checked in at midnight (6 to each room) all around us, we heard every laugh, stomp and door slam on the 2nd floor. Again, if you’re not sleeping in the room by all means, otherwise STAY AWAY! Terrible place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Pixieluxe, Thank you for posting such valuable feedback regarding our property. We depend on the detailed comments of our guests to be able to determine, especially as a new hotel, which areas we can improve upon. I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of sleep you wrote about. It appears you may have stayed with us during a short time when we had a group of young kids occupying a large part of the hotel for a sporting event. I am terribly sorry this affected your stay. As for the layout of the doors in the room, I am sorry this was strange or posed an inconvenience for you. I am glad you found the rooms to be clean and again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the events you outlined in your post.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Allowed pets for free, immaculate rooms and great service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Linzerella 99, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It is in fact a La Quinta brand standard to allow pets and I am certainly glad you were able to take advantage of this ammenity. We know how important it is to be able to take the family dog or cat with you on your travels and to know they will be safe and comfortable alongside you. I would like to invite you to be our guest again the next time you visit sunny Fresno, Ca.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We spent one night in this hotel after a 5-day trip to Yosemite National Park. We reserved the room through HotWire.com and it was a pleasant surprise. It was close to the highway for an easy drive to the airport. The room was spacious with very comfortable beds. Large LCD TV with cable, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker. The bathroom was large with a spacious vanity, hairdryer and tub/shower. A quiet and efficient fan to clear the humidity. Large, absorbent towels for the 4 of us. My teenage sons loved the citrus-scented soap and shampoo. We had an early flight the next day and had to leave before the free breakfast officially started at 6:00 a.m. but we went down to the lobby at 5:45 to see if we could pick up something to take along and IT WAS ALL SET TO GO! The food selection was FANTASTIC! Cereals, oatmeal, bagels, pastries, toast, muffins, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, milk, coffee, teas. "If only we had time to eat it all!" my sons thought. We did stay to sit down and eat and still got to the airport in plenty of time. The staff was extremely pleasant. We wish we could have stayed longer. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

This property is only a few months old, it's still a 2 and half star motel but it's a really nice one. The room had a fridge and I believe it also had a microwave and nice furnishings with laminated flooring which is a lot unusual for a hotel, it was a very attractive and comfortable room so one of the smaller rooms we stayed in on our trip. There was free wi-fi and a decent breakfast included (I'm really sick of make your own waffles though). The best part of our stay was the incredibly friendly staff. My only negatives were the fact that the pool was not heated and ironically the hot tub was too hot, also although it's right off the freeway and a quick drive to restaurants, the location of the motel was not very nice and you wouldn't want to try and walk anywhere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Blackberryboy, Thank you for you onine review of our property! Allow me to address a couple of the thing which you included in your post; we do offer an extended hot breakfast which is included in your rate and we occaisionally experiment with certain breakfast items. Our waffles are our most popular item, but yes, a guest must first pour the batter and then wait 2 minutes for it to cook. This is a benefit for a lot of our guests as they may have better portion control. I do understand however how this may be a bit of a chore for a guest who may be staying with us for 5 days and might want something different. Because of this, we are constantly thinking of new ways we can improve our breakfast by adding certain items and taking some things our. Our swimming pool actually is heated, it just takes about 24 hours once the temperature has been adjusted for it to reach that setting. I apologize this info wasnt offered to you at the front desk at the time of your check in. I do want to thank you for complimenting our guest service agents. We are continually undergoing training to ensure the front desk staff is always pleasant, helpful and welcoming. We look forward to having you as one of our valued guests the next time you visit the beautiful central valley.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Clean and felt secure. Would recommend and stay here again

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

This is a newer hotel with few reviews - so here is our views. This hotel is convenient to hwy 99 coming from the north. A nice looking place. The staff was nice and helpful. The room was nice and clean. The heater did not work. The room was at 68 when we arrived, I turned it up to 72 when we left for dinner but it was only at 69 a few hours later. They had some scent in the vent that made the room smell, we didn't care for that. The bathroom door stuck closed, this was annoying. The bed and pillows were nice, we slept good until the train came by at 3AM. Some earplugs would have been nice. The breakfast in the morning was ok but the coffee was bad. Ive never stayed in Fresno before so I'm not sure about any other hotels. This one is OK, just be ready for the train. We had a great steak dinner at Tahoe joes, a few blocks east, a nice unique restaurant.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Strosman, Thank you for your valued input regarding our property. You gave some great comments about our grounds and accommodations. I would like to sincerely apologize for the heater not working properly and the nearby train. Many of our guests are not affected by the train, however once in a while it is a nuisance for some of our guests and I do sincerely apologize. As for our breakfast, we do serve Farmer Brothers Coffee in our complimentary dining area, I am very sorry you did not enjoy it. Please allow me to invite you back to our property as a guest so we may ensure your next visit to Fresno is better.